Author Topic: Vandersteen/Van den Steen marriages - Brides details  (Read 106 times)

Offline AmisUK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Vandersteen/Van den Steen marriages - Brides details
« on: Thursday 13 September 18 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have 3 generations of the Vandersteen/Van den Steen family where I have the marriage date and location, but I can't seem to find anything more out about the brides, any help would be appreciated.

William Vandersteen married Mary Wilson on 20th February 1757 in St. Mathew's church, Bethnal Green.

Johannes "John" Van den Steen married Elizabeth Bridgman on 24th April 1728 in the Fleet, London.

Bartholomeus Van den Steen married Francis Marlow on 2nd March 1689 in the Holy Minorities church, City of London.

Regards
Paul
London Area (Bethnal Green, Shadwell, Shoreditch, Whitechapel): Ames, Brown, Ellis.
Lowestoft Area: Ames, Colby, Knights, Lincoln, Mantripp, Martin, Tripp, Turner.
Durham Area: Barkess, Mushens.

Belgium (Oost Vlaanderen): Baluwť, Bombeke, Boon, De Bock, De Potter, Dua, Latour, Noppe, Thys, Vanden Berghe, Van Hoey, Seghers, Vercheyen, Vergauwen, Wuytack

France: De Cambrai, De Flandres, De Hennin, De Haynin, Denain, d'Ostrevant, De Ribemont, De Roucy, De Valenciennes

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vandersteen/Van den Steen marriages - Brides details
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 September 18 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hello
Let's start with some extra details of the marriages.
Bart and Francis Marlow 1689 -they are both of Stepney. He is a widower and she is a spinster.

There are no baptisms for a Frances perhaps because of the Protectorate but there are two couples in the area.
George and Winifred a mariner-George 21.10.1666,John 22.8.1669 High St
Francis and Rebecca -Rebecca 15.8.1675

John and Elizabeth Bridgeman 1728,again she is of Stepney and a spinster.

I'd go for a baptism at St Dunston
Elizabeth Bridgman 15th July 1703 d of Francis and Elizabeth Bridgman of Wapping labourer born 13th.
brothers  William 20.5.1705 and Mathew 13 Jan 1711

William and Mary Wilson in 1757 gives her as a spinster of Bethnal Green.

Which unfortunately gets us nowhere because Wilson is such a common name.

Ciderdrinker

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline AmisUK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vandersteen/Van den Steen marriages - Brides details
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 September 18 13:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Ciderdrinker,

Thank you for that information, Bartholomeus Van den Steen's first wife was Anne Senelar and that marriage took place in Stepney 19th May 1694. Bartholomeus was baptised in Leiden, Holland in 1660 and appears to be of Huguenot decent, therefore I wasn't sure if Francis would have be from a non-conformist church.

With regards to Elizabeth Bridgman I wasn't sure whether the fact that the marriage is mentioned as being at the Fleet would hold any extra answers (i'm not sure what church that would be).

Mary Wilson is proving to be very difficult as you say with the common surname.

Regards
Paul
London Area (Bethnal Green, Shadwell, Shoreditch, Whitechapel): Ames, Brown, Ellis.
Lowestoft Area: Ames, Colby, Knights, Lincoln, Mantripp, Martin, Tripp, Turner.
Durham Area: Barkess, Mushens.

Belgium (Oost Vlaanderen): Baluwť, Bombeke, Boon, De Bock, De Potter, Dua, Latour, Noppe, Thys, Vanden Berghe, Van Hoey, Seghers, Vercheyen, Vergauwen, Wuytack

France: De Cambrai, De Flandres, De Hennin, De Haynin, Denain, d'Ostrevant, De Ribemont, De Roucy, De Valenciennes