Author Topic: Stanley Houses, Hoxton before the 1960's  (Read 88 times)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Houses, Hoxton before the 1960's
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 September 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
...and now I'm getting sidetracked by those quarter of a million lovely images, Nanny Jan, looking up other locations in London that have a family association in the past, and it's all your fault!
Keith

Apologies.....I too have links to Hoxton and other London areas.....  ;)
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Houses, Hoxton before the 1960's
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 September 18 14:22 BST (UK) »
Although there has been a lot of redevelopment in the area if you have a look just round the corner from Mundy Street, around Hoxton Square, there seem to be a few older buildings still standing. They look quite substantial but none are 5 storeys high.

I wonder if Booth was counting the basement as well?  :-\

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.