Author Topic: William Wilson, New Kilpatrick and Partick  (Read 282 times)

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Wilson, New Kilpatrick and Partick
« on: Sunday 16 September 18 19:03 BST (UK) »
Looking for descendants of William Wilson born 1st March 1902 at Netherton Rows, New Kilpatrick.
Parents were Thomas Wilson and Margaret Fleming. William had sons Robert,Herbie,Tommy, Willie and Peter. Pat

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Wilson, New Kilpatrick and Partick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 September 18 10:45 BST (UK) »
It's possible that these children (or at least some of them) might still be alive so we can't post details of them online. You'll need to search indexes on Scotland's people to see if you can find their births, marriages and deaths but with  common surname it's often difficult to be sure of finding the correct family without purchasing certificates. Have you tried asking other relatives if they know anything about this branch of the family?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Wilson, New Kilpatrick and Partick
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 September 18 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

An off chance ~

There is an online tree which has him born 1st March 1902- same address as you give - and dying 5th Dec 1980, Glasgow with those parents. If you have access to Ancestry, it might be worth messaging the tree owner who might well have some information.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***