Author Topic: Burial record St Mary's Church, Harkstead, 1953 - BANNISTER  (Read 548 times)

Offline ValJJJ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Burial record St Mary's Church, Harkstead, 1953 - BANNISTER
« on: Sunday 16 September 18 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have the death certificate of Joseph Bannister (an error - his name was Job) whose death certificate shows he died 1st Feb 1953 in Harkstead, Suffolk. His death was registered on 11th Feb 1953 in sub district Capel and Felixstowe, reg. district of Samford. 

Family members recall him being buried in St Mary's Church in the village, but the vicar only has burial records going back to 1972.  Having visited the churchyard recently I could not find his name on the list or plan in the church porch so I guess his grave is unmarked.

I am now back at the other end of the country and emailed Ipswich cemetery/cremation services in case he had been cremated first - but they have no record of him. 

Suffolk Record Office should have the relevant parish registers but these are not online, so I wondered if anyone already visiting and with a moment to spare could take a look for his name in addition to doing their own research please? 

Thanks.

Val

Crook, Bannister, Warren