Author Topic: burton on Trent union workhouse  (Read 115 times)

Offline lorraineosborne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
burton on Trent union workhouse
« on: Tuesday 18 September 18 17:12 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find records of 2 children born in the workhouse - William Abbott 1848 and Joseph Abbott 1851.  Their mother was Joyce Abbott of Church Gresley, Derbyshire.  I would love to know if there is any information about the father.

Loz

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: burton on Trent union workhouse
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 17:18 BST (UK) »
Lichfield Record Office, The Friary, Lichfield, WS13 6QG. Holdings include: Guardians' minute books (1837-1930); Births and Deaths (1837-1879); Admissions and discharges (1880-1930);

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lorraineosborne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: burton on Trent union workhouse
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 17:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this.  Apparently Lichfield has closed and the records moved to Staffordshire.  Unfortunately I can't really find a way of accessing the necessary records.

Loz