Author Topic: Mary Elizabeth LLEWELLIN  (Read 3542 times)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Elizabeth LLEWELLIN
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 20 September 18 19:58 BST (UK) »
Sadly I don't think it is the right William -The marriage is online on Anc    William is age 21 a Tin stripper  and his  father is also William

Kay

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 20 September 18 20:05 BST (UK) »
There is a Mary Elizabeth Tranter born Q4 1873 in Aston.

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 20 September 18 20:26 BST (UK) »
I think this is William Lllewellyn and wife Ann who married in 1872  in the 1881 census.   https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27N-F9RY   

The eldest child Esther is listed with mothers maiden name Tranter in 1874 on the GRO Birth Index 

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 20 September 18 20:29 BST (UK) »
There is a Mary Elizabeth Tranter born Q4 1873 in Aston.

On the GRO Birth Index this Mary Elizabeth is listed with mothers maiden name Adshead

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 21 September 18 01:30 BST (UK) »
Possible birth for Ann Tranter, if she is the right one... 

TRANTER, ANN        mmn   POTTER      
GRO Reference: 1851  D Quarter in ASTON  Volume 16  Page 220

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 September 18 01:40 BST (UK) »
I think this is William Lllewellyn and wife Ann who married in 1872  in the 1881 census.   https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27N-F9RY   

The eldest child Esther is listed with mothers maiden name Tranter in 1874 on the GRO Birth Index

The other child Emma...

LLEWELLYN, EMMA        mmn   TRANTER      
GRO Reference: 1877  M Quarter in ASTON  Volume 06D  Page 417

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 21 September 18 02:11 BST (UK) »
On the 1881 census we have there is Mary Llewellyn, sister, born 1858. This maybe her in 1871 in the household of William and Elizabeth Lewen. at Bordesley, Aston, Warwickshire.

Lewen
Female
Age    13
Scholar
Daughter
Birth Year 1858

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 21 September 18 21:36 BST (UK) »
So we seem to have reached a bit of an impasse. It seems to me that the questions that need answering are:

Q1 When and where did William Robert Llewellyn marry Elizabeth Sarah HINE? Assuming of course that they did actually marry.

Q2 Where and when was Mary Elizabeth born? In Bradford in 1873? Was Elizabeth Sarah Hine her mother?

Q3 What was the family doing in Yorkshire? We still do not have a location for William in 1871.

Q4 Was Mary Elizabeth still alive in 1939? If she was born in 1873, she would have been about 66 or 67, so not unreasonable for her to still be alive. If we can find her on the 1839 Register, we will get a DOB.

I think we might make more progress by shifting to tracing Mary Elizabeth post 1911, when we have the last actual evidence of her.

There is an intriguing death of a Mary E LLEWELLYN aged 79 in 1952 - Q1 1952 Hendon 5e 527. The age gives a birth in 1873 which is right and Hendon is not too far from Edmonton. Would she have reverted to her maiden name? What do you think?

In some ways, the disappearance of Mary Elizabeth from the records after 1911 is more interesting than her birth. Births often go unrecorded, deaths not so often due to the need to bury or cremate the body. So when and where did she die?

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 22 September 18 04:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Greaves

Re Q1 - I can't find a marriage for William and Sarah Elizabeth and with their daughter Ann Elizabeth b1875 being registered under the surname Hine it looks likely that they didn't marry.     

Q2/3 The birth of Mary Elizabeth really confuses me - I can't see a birth and why Bradford??    Will try and trace William in 1871. 

Q4 -Post 1911 is difficult  re Mary Elizabeth.  Is her husband described as a widower on his death cert???   That would at least narrow down the search a little unless she left her husband  :-\   There are so many options sadly

Kay

Added - Just to add to the confusion in 1861 the Llewell* family in Aston have a daughter Esther who is born pre 1851 but is not on the 1851 census - the mothers name is Ann in 1851 and Emma in 1861 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M7K1-VRL   

To add to this the GRO Birth Index lists WILLIAM  ROBERT LLLEWELLIN mmn     LINFORTH  GRO Ref 1847  June Qrtr  ASTON UNION  Vol16  Page 185
ESTHER  LLEWELLEN mmn   HARRIS GRO Ref 1848  Dec Qrtr ASTON UNION  Vol 16  Page 192
ANN  MARIA LLEWELLYN mmn HARRIS  GRO Ref 1861  March Qrtr  ASTON  Vol 06D  Page 291

The 1847 birth cert for William Robert might be a good investment !! There is also a marriage of William Llewellyn in Birmingham March Qtr 1847 with possible spouses including an Emma Harris that may be relevant