Author Topic: Gladys V E Franklin b 15 Nov 1920 Southwark, England  (Read 3128 times)

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Gladys V E Franklin b 15 Nov 1920 Southwark, England
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 September 18 16:39 BST (UK) »
Privacy laws are strict in Canada - no marriages in the time frame you would require. Nothing to suggest she was in the USA.

Glenys Leguille was buried Heavenly Rest Cemetery Monday 14 June 1976.

Just noticed the ancestry tree and the marriage date given was 15 May 1940 which obviously cannot be correct.

Arthur Leguille (machinist) showed on Canada Voters List 1949 with a wife Annie (saleslady) Church Street East West. Ontario.

Canada Voters List 1957 - Arthur Leguille (Ford) and Annie Leguille - Edison Essex West.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 September 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
There is an obituary in the Windsor Star newspaper for Glenys Leguille..

http://projects.windsorpubliclibrary.com/digi/obits/results.php?lname=leguille&fname=glenys&maiden=&spouse=&m1=0&y1=0&m2=0&y2=0&lim=25&search=Search

The Google news archive has the Windsor Star newspaper.  I am trying to view the paper from the right day, but I can only get to page 14 - until it says "loading" and I see blank pages :'(.  Perhaps if you wait a while, you might be able to see the paper and find the obit.

If not - you can always ask the Windsor Public library.

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 September 18 17:03 BST (UK) »

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 September 18 17:43 BST (UK) »
The tree has a copy of Glenys Leguille's funeral booklet.

I can't put a snip here but it says born 15th November 1920, London, England. Died Windsor, Ont, June 11 1976.

I've not checked to see if this info has been posted.

Gadget

Added - same tree has the correct parents (from birth, etc. records) and also lists 7 sibling.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 21 September 18 18:54 BST (UK) »
I was finally able to find the obit in the 11 June 1976 edition of the Windsor Star on Google News Archive. You probably can too... It is on page/image 32. 

It says that Glenys Leguille, 55 years old, died June 11 1976.  Her address had been 1241 Lake Shore Park, Belle River.  Beloved wife of Arthur.  Daughter of Mrs Franklin, London, England.  Sister of Mrs Peter Smeed (Jean) England; Mrs W* Winans (H*), Garden City Michigan; Mrs Fred Flaherty (Annie), Windsor.  Interment Heavenly Rest Cemetery.

RK

Modified...to remove full names of sister and husband from Michigan.  She and her husband may still be living (see obit for sister Annie below)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 21 September 18 18:56 BST (UK) »
Here is Annie (Franklin) Flaherty.  Her death notice was in the Windsor Star on Nov 8 2014

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/windsorstar/obituary.aspx?pid=173095014

RK

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 21 September 18 19:30 BST (UK) »
Those sibling names match with the bmds  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 21 September 18 20:11 BST (UK) »
I was finally able to find the obit in the 11 June 1976 edition of the Windsor Star on Google News Archive. You probably can too... It is on page/image 32. 

It says that Glenys Leguille, 55 years old, died June 11 1976.  Her address had been 1241 Lake Shore Park, Belle River.  Beloved wife of Arthur.  Daughter of Mrs Franklin, London, England.  Sister of Mrs Peter Smeed (Jean) England; Mrs W* Winans (H*), Garden City Michigan; Mrs Fred Flaherty (Annie), Windsor.  Interment Heavenly Rest Cemetery.

RK

Modified...to remove full names of sister and husband from Michigan.  She and her husband may still be living (see obit for sister Annie below)

Well done RK - you Little Star.................

Cheers
Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 21 September 18 23:06 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)