Author Topic: Daniel Cahill Cork Ireland  (Read 1935 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daniel Cahill Cork Ireland
« on: Friday 21 September 18 23:14 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any information about a Daniel Cahill who married Mary Pratt in 1833 Castletownroche,Cloyne. Any info about their parents and any children that they had that were born in Ireland. I also cannot find out when some of their children came out to Australia. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Annette Ellen.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Cahill Cork Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 September 18 23:44 BST (UK) »

If you have children of this couple moving to Australia, you need to identify those sons / daughters, and research their lives in Australia. Death certificates will ask for "years in the colony".  That will help you to find them in Ireland.

Use the Australia board to research the sons and daughters who lived and died there.

If you are wanting information additional to what you already have, you need to say what you already have.   Are you using work done by an earlier researcher?

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 September 18 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Wivenhoe, I sent you a reply but it looks like it never got through to you. I have had a bit of trouble as I got hacked a while ago. I will have to check my notes as I lost a lot of info when it happened , so I did have some note on Daniel Cahill but I do not know when he came out to Australia and any thing about his family. I know that a James Cahill died aged 70y and he was in Victoria for 50yrs. Thank you for all the info that you have sent to me and I will follow up with what you have sent me. I appreciate the help that you have given to me. I hope you get this one . Many thanks again Annette Ellen.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 September 18 00:37 BST (UK) »
This is the ancestor whose origins you are researching?

VIC BDM seath
1925 / 11109 CAHILL  James parents CAHILL Daniel / Mary (PRATT)
died Northcote age 70

1914 / 8006 TRACEY   Bridget    parents  CAHILLl Danl   / Mary (PRATT)
died ARDALE    67y

VIC BDM    marriage
1874 / 447 CAHILL Bridget      married   TRACY Daniel   

The Age 16 Sep 1914 p1
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/10806658?
...death notice for Bridget TRACEY.....NSW papers copy.....

also possibly
1884 / 3881  CAHILL  Michl Jno   parents David / Mary (PRATT)   
died Carlton age 32 spouse Sabina Matilda VALLIS

1878 / 3002 CAHILL Michael John    married   VALLIS Sabina Matilda

Your earlier enquiry on the forum for County Cork Ireland -  Jeremiah LINEHAN and Ellen ROCHE

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 October 18 04:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you Wivenhoe for that and I will check it with what I do have on the families. Again much appreciated for your help. Regards Annette Ellen .