Author Topic: Arthur Curwood b Q3 1876 Marylebone, England  (Read 898 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arthur Curwood b Q3 1876 Marylebone, England
« on: Saturday 22 September 18 08:50 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out whether the above was the same person who passed away in 1963 and was buried 11/07/1963 Balmain.
Arthur Curwood died intestate, "an election to administer was filed". So somewhere in NSW archives, there should be court documents showing how his estate was distributed. Can someone advise me as to how I might sight these documents, because something useful may be found there, I can't access them from the UK.
There is a previous post about this person here:http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=797293.msg6584406#msg6584406
Cr

Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Curwood b Q3 1876 Marylebone, England
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 September 18 09:07 BST (UK) »
 :)  Your post has landed on the Resources & Offers board where there's the following offer:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=703011.0

See this file at the archives  (not online)  https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/archives/collections-and-research/results?keywords=Arthur+Curwood

ADD
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/220332143 Govt Gaz 1 Nov 1963

JM 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 September 18 09:23 BST (UK) »

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 September 18 09:30 BST (UK) »
I cannot find your chap buried Balmain.    I can find Arthur CURWOOD noted as July 1963, at Field of Mars Cemetery, Ryde.   Both Balmain and Ryde are suburbs in Sydney NSW, but they are separated by the Parramatta River.

I can find TWO entries on electoral rolls for suburbs of Sydney in 1963 for males named Arthur CURWOOD, one has no occupation, and one as a labourer.

I am trying to find out whether the above was the same person who passed away in 1963 and was buried 11/07/1963 Balmain.   ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 September 18 09:36 BST (UK) »
 :)

Here's an alternative live link to that set of army records
http://soda.naa.gov.au/record/3480377/1
born in Victoria, Australia, so not the chap born Marylebone, England.

JM

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 September 18 10:02 BST (UK) »
This is the likely birth of the soldier-

Arthur Nicolas CURWOOD
 At Brunswick, Victoria
Year   1884
Father John Nicolas Curwood
Mother Sarah MIMURRAY (correctly McMURRAY)
Registration Number   7540

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 September 18 10:34 BST (UK) »
Looks like he is not my Arthur Curwood then.
Thank you all for your help.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 22 September 18 11:05 BST (UK) »
I cannot find your chap buried Balmain.    I can find Arthur CURWOOD noted as July 1963, at Field of Mars Cemetery, Ryde.   Both Balmain and Ryde are suburbs in Sydney NSW, but they are separated by the Parramatta River.

I can find TWO entries on electoral rolls for suburbs of Sydney in 1963 for males named Arthur CURWOOD, one has no occupation, and one as a labourer.

I am trying to find out whether the above was the same person who passed away in 1963 and was buried 11/07/1963 Balmain.   ...

JM

JM, most of my Balmain, and surrounding area, ancestors/relatives are buried at Field of Mars. It’s a short run up Victoria Rd.

CR, there are three other Curwood in the Methodist New 1 Section, Francis James (parents Nicolas and Emily J) and Elizabeth Jane (parents John and Mary) buried together, and an Alice Grace (parents Andrew and Ernestina, daughter-in-law of Francis and Elizabeth).

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 23 September 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you jamjar but none of those Curwoods' mentioned are in my tree, perhaps they're in the Curwood name only guy's tree?
Cr