Author Topic: Marriage Lookup Request - BRENNAN of Island Magee / Larne 1790 onwards  (Read 703 times)

Offline deputtenham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup Request - BRENNAN of Island Magee / Larne 1790 onwards
« on: Saturday 22 September 18 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hello, Could somebody please help me find out who my ancestor married.

THOMAS BRENNAN (surname may have variants Brannan, Brynan etc) born Island Magee, Antrim in 1773.
His parents were Alexander Brennan and Abigail Wilson.

I have found 2 sons of THOMAS BRENNAN namely John (b.1801) and James (b.1804) via Ancestry public trees, But no one seems to know the name of the wife of Thomas Brennan.
Please search for his marriage for period 1792 to 1801.  Presbyterians.
Many thanks  :)
Brennan, Woods, Connolly, Sherry, Puttnam, De Puttenham, Fraser, Grant, Thompson, Workman, Osman, Tolfree.
Belfast area, Antrim coast, Larne, Carncastle, Ballygally, Island Magee, County Monaghan, Tydavnet, Killygavna, Armagh, Tyrone
Lambeth London, Southampton Portsmouth in Hampshire

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline deputtenham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup Request - BRENNAN of Island Magee / Larne 1790 onwards
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 September 18 15:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sinann.  Appreciated.  I will probably have to visit PRONI in Belfast, to do research, but that won't be for a few years, as I live in Western Australia.  Had a brief look at the info, and will read more extensively tomorrow.  Looks like the CI records don't start until after 1825 for Islandmagee.
Regards, Liz  :)
Brennan, Woods, Connolly, Sherry, Puttnam, De Puttenham, Fraser, Grant, Thompson, Workman, Osman, Tolfree.
Belfast area, Antrim coast, Larne, Carncastle, Ballygally, Island Magee, County Monaghan, Tydavnet, Killygavna, Armagh, Tyrone

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 September 18 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, its just possible you might be disappointed, the downloadable Guide_to_church_records by PRONI was last updated fully to the end of 2009, it was as complete as possible then. Do your links differ in content. The PRONI lists mean leaving out tombstones the earlist remaining church records for islandmagee., in existence start with 1821 births/baptisms. 

The downloadable file https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/Guide_to_church_records.pdf
ISLANDMAGEE, CO. ANTRIM
C.I. Islandmagee (Connor diocese) [Earliest registers destroyed in Dublin]
Baptisms, 1879-1917; burials, 1878-1915; vestry minutes, 1879-99.
MIC1/87
P. 1st Islandmagee
Baptisms, 1829-1935; marriages, 1829-1905; marriage notices, 1953-6; communicants’ roll, 1874-1903; committee minutes with printed stipend lists, 1859-75.
MIC1P/326; CR/3/64
P. 2nd Islandmagee
Baptisms, 1854-1937; marriages, 1848-1933.
MIC1P/337
RC under Larne
R.C. Carrickfergus, Larne and Ballygowan (Down and Connor diocese)
Baptisms, 1821-83; marriages, 1821-82; indexes to baptisms and marriages, 1828-1960.
MIC1D/68, 90   
if the above is complete rather than just the PRONI’s own records only., the only good news is a volunteer exists who goes to PRONI and charges for photocopies etc not usually for his time as a hobby. Read the contributor Jaykim ‘s note in an example http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=68312.0
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline deputtenham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 September 18 14:22 BST (UK) »

Thank you so much BallyaltikilliganG for the link and all the info.