Author Topic: Salome Mary Doyle nee (Mary Plunkett) - born 1900 or 1901  (Read 6443 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Salome Mary Doyle nee (Mary Plunkett) - born 1900 or 1902
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 23 September 18 13:24 BST (UK) »
Yes I saw one of those aghadowey.
The tree you mentioned earlier has children born later in Granard  :-\
Perhaps inserted because of the Doyle/Plunkett name or they are known to the family.
London area does also seem to be relevant.
Maybe wait now for Danny to come back to us, perhaps.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 23 September 18 13:29 BST (UK) »
The 3 newspaper articles do seem to be the correct family and in view of the unfortunate circumstances it may be that any family stories could be incorrect or misleading.

More bits from the Drogheda Argus and Leinster Journal article on 6 July 1929-
… He found out that on the 14th May the defendant was working under the name of James Ryan on the Shannon Scheme. It was then that the wife could not …
… to give the children to another party and that she was going to work. He (the Inspector) found out that that party was not a suitable person for the control of the children. He then went and got Home Help relief for the wife and children and tried to find her husband. The Defendant went into the witness box and stated that after getting married to his wife at Cheshire he had tried to get work. When he came back...
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 23 September 18 13:32 BST (UK) »
The published tree which seems to be based around the daughter Veronica Mary b 1927 shows the mother Mary Plunkett in this family

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mrp/

She is 16 yrs in 1911 - so a different age in comparison to death.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mrp/

This family?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Larah_South/Cormeen_Glebe/345769/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Salome Mary Doyle nee (Mary Plunkett) - born 1900 or 1901
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 23 September 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
In case people don't notice Dannydo has edited his first post to clear up some of the confusion.

Danny can you go through the thread and try to answer any questions not covered by you first post, please.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 23 September 18 15:35 BST (UK) »
In case people don't notice Dannydo has edited his first post to clear up some of the confusion.

Danny can you go through the thread and try to answer any questions not covered by you first post, please.

Makes a bit of a farce of the replies!!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 23 September 18 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks to Sinann for pointing out the alteration to original post which we could easily have missed.

I feel that the 1911 family of Plunketts with daughter Mary Thresa is not the correct family (have another read through the posts, Danny). Also, the online tree seems to be a shambles.

Going forward more documentation is needed as it's very easy to follow the wrong person/family. The 1939 register for England (we aren't allowed to do lookups for it on Rootschat, Danny) may provide more accurate dates of birth for Thomas Patrick Doyle and his wife. Also, if in England the 1911 census may help (another resource for England that we can't help with).

Danny- once you've made 2 posts you should be able to use the PM (Personal Message) system which might help as some of these family details, especially recent ones, may be of a rather sensitive nature. The 1929/1930 newspaper articles are only the tip of the iceberg I fear.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 23 September 18 16:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks to Sinann for pointing out the alteration to original post which we could easily have missed.

I feel that the 1911 family of Plunketts with daughter Mary Thresa is not the correct family (have another read through the posts, Danny). Also, the online tree seems to be a shambles.

Going forward more documentation is needed as it's very easy to follow the wrong person/family. The 1939 register for England (we aren't allowed to do lookups for it on Rootschat, Danny) may provide more accurate dates of birth for Thomas Patrick Doyle and his wife. Also, if in England the 1911 census may help (another resource for England that we can't help with).

Danny- once you've made 2 posts you should be able to use the PM (Personal Message) system which might help as some of these family details, especially recent ones, may be of a rather sensitive nature. The 1929/1930 newspaper articles are only the tip of the iceberg I fear.

That is my thinking too as they don't see to be descended from farmers....as stated in Original Post!!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 23 September 18 16:04 BST (UK) »
OP is going by the marriage certificate which says John Plunkett was a farmer-
My grandfather’s age is also given as 21, with occupation being “Letter Carrier G.P.O” on the marriage certificate. The certificate also shows that my paternal great grandfather was shown as, Thomas Doyle, occupation “Cycle Agent”, with my maternal great grandfather being named as, John Plunkett (deceased), occupation “Farmer”.

At this point I can't see any reason to think that John Plunkett is not a farmer but much still needs to be found. The OP is giving us as much detail as possible so perhaps give them a chance to digest everything and respond.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 23 September 18 16:24 BST (UK) »
These seem to stem from the ones posted in original message that were not farmers ( if my following of thread is correct!! )