Author Topic: Where to Look for children  (Read 812 times)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Where to Look for children
« on: Wednesday 10 August 05 22:21 BST (UK) »
where could I find information on Children being born after 1908. I am trying to trace any children of Frederick Allsopp and Alice Ruth Fellows born around Wolverhampton between 1908 and 1912 any suggestions wellcomed :)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Look for children
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 August 05 15:23 BST (UK) »
Try the census in US Census in 1910 - 1930.  They should be listed. DO you know where they lived? Also any more details about the parents such as date of birth.

George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 August 05 19:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you Nutkin
I am looking for children of Alice Ruth Fellows her date of birth is 1888 and Frederick Charles Allsopp his date of birth is 1883 both born in Staffordshire England
Possible children Mary Winefred, Ernest , or Edith May, born between 1908 and 1914 all with surname Allsopp maybe Pennsylvania area

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 01:28 BST (UK) »
I rooted around in the census in 1910-1920.  No luck but maybe someone with better eyes can find them.  Do you know when they came to the US?  Did they stay or go back to the UK?  Occupations?  Any details that may help.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive