Author Topic: Ealing death 1960  (Read 1200 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ealing death 1960
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 12:39 BST (UK) »
So pleased your search paid off.

I found her other names looking at her birth entry on the GRO site www.gro.gov.uk

(you have to register to search but it doesn't cost)

Their new transcriptions have full names not just the initials you see elsewhere.

If she couldn't have been found in the Hounslow area I would have suggested looking where her parents are as she was still fairly young when she passed away.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My G Grandfather - Robert Johnstone Moffat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 17:11 BST (UK) »
So pleased your search paid off.

I found her other names looking at her birth entry on the GRO site www.gro.gov.uk

(you have to register to search but it doesn't cost)

Their new transcriptions have full names not just the initials you see elsewhere.

If she couldn't have been found in the Hounslow area I would have suggested looking where her parents are as she was still fairly young when she passed away.

I do use GR0 and sign in(still waiting for them to sort out Seymour's death certificate) That's another story.

Haven't been able to find her father Thomas's burial place. He died March 1964 Hendon, four years after his daughter, Dorothy.

By the way, I emailed  the cremartorium from the address you gave, this morning. This afternoon I received  a lovely reply giving me the date of cremation 12.8.1960 aged 47 years. Her ashes were strewn in their Garden of Remembrance on Lawn.

Thank you once again

cupcake
Moffat- Mein - Titterington - Kidman

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 18:29 BST (UK) »
Hi cupcake

According to the probate calendar, Thomas Randolph Kidman of 11 Crown Road Friern Barnet died 6th January 1964.

I've attached a link to a list. (one day I'll draw a map showing where they all are)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cemeteries_in_London

There are a few choices for his final resting place

Islington & St Pancras Cemetery (records with DeceasedOnline - not listed)

East Finchley Cemetery and St Marylebone Crematorium

Hendon Cemetery & crematorium

Golders Green Crematorium

New Southgate Cemetery & Crematorium

Unfortunately, I don't think there are Books of Remembrance online for any of them but an email to each one in turn until you find him is probably the way forward.

Alternatively, but possibly slower, order a copy of his will and see if he left details for his funeral.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 September 18 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi cupcake

According to the probate calendar, Thomas Randolph Kidman of 11 Crown Road Friern Barnet died 6th January 1964.

I've attached a link to a list. (one day I'll draw a map showing where they all are)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cemeteries_in_London

There are a few choices for his final resting place

Islington & St Pancras Cemetery (records with DeceasedOnline - not listed)

East Finchley Cemetery and St Marylebone Crematorium

Hendon Cemetery & crematorium

Golders Green Crematorium

New Southgate Cemetery & Crematorium

Unfortunately, I don't think there are Books of Remembrance online for any of them but an email to each one in turn until you find him is probably the way forward.

Alternatively, but possibly slower, order a copy of his will and see if he left details for his funeral.

Dawn

Thank you for all the information, will keep me busy for a while. Have contacted the library archives@barnet.gov.uk on the off chance they can help.

I do have some Probate info for Thomas -  London 26 March 1964 - sum of money to his son Michael who died 2001. I did think this odd, as no mention of his wife Dorothy.

Thomas R Kidman's  wife Dorothy Jane Kidman (Goddard) died in March 1973 Chichester Middlesex age 82 yrs.

A map showing where they all are would be appreciated.

Will start the search and see how it goes.

Regards

cupcake

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 27 September 18 15:09 BST (UK) »

I do have some Probate info for Thomas -  London 26 March 1964 - sum of money to his son Michael who died 2001. I did think this odd, as no mention of his wife Dorothy.

Thomas R Kidman's  wife Dorothy Jane Kidman (Goddard) died in March 1973 Chichester Middlesex age 82 yrs.

cupcake

The 1964 probate indexes say that Probate was granted to Michael Randolph Kidman,not that the money all went to him. You would need to see the actual will to see what Thomas had left and to whom. 

Probate is usually granted to someone whom the deceased trusts to carry out their wishes,often not an elderly spouse due to the distress they are aleardy under.Often a friend ,younger member of the family ,a solicitor and sometimes their bank.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 28 September 18 06:25 BST (UK) »

cupcake

The 1964 probate indexes say that Probate was granted to Michael Randolph Kidman,not that the money all went to him. You would need to see the actual will to see what Thomas had left and to whom. 

Probate is usually granted to someone whom the deceased trusts to carry out their wishes,often not an elderly spouse due to the distress they are aleardy under.Often a friend ,younger member of the family ,a solicitor and sometimes their bank.

Thank you for explaining that.