Author Topic: confirm a possible family member ?  (Read 824 times)

Offline bowman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me in the woods 2004
    • View Profile
confirm a possible family member ?
« on: Tuesday 25 September 18 20:19 BST (UK) »
A little puzzle that I have been struggling with, now time to open it up, I think.

Family member K R Marden, b1917 shown in 1939 register as 'Bread Baking' a reserved occupation in the provisional 1939 listings, photos showing him in uniform and to have served in Palestine with the Beds and Herts regt, nothing found in the medal rolls for him, BUT, R Marden Pte 5949806 1st Bn Herts regt is shown in medal rolls for 1945-1948 Palestine, this is the only man of that name that has been found so far. 

I have included the best image I can of his cap badge.

My puzzle is this, are they one and the same man, if so how do I prove it beyond doubt??

My attachments are blocked because Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again.

I have tried every which way to no avail, any suggestions??
BEARD; BAKER; TAYLOR; SMITH: BEER

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: confirm a possible family member ?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 September 18 20:31 BST (UK) »
This board does accept pictures, so rename your file (on your computer) to something that is pretty unique -  maybe with today's date included- then try again
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline bowman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me in the woods 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 September 18 20:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks John I will try this one if it gets through I will do the others
BEARD; BAKER; TAYLOR; SMITH: BEER

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 09:14 BST (UK) »
The cap badge is most certainly not that of the Hertfordshire Regiment or the Beds and Herts.

It looks very like a Royal Army Service Corps cap badge.  Bakery was one of the many RASC trades.

How to prove it - apply for his records.  You don't need an army number as long as you have date of birth, death cert, consent of next of kin and £30.

MaxD

I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia