Author Topic: Sarah Richardson 1901 Census Oxton/Claughton/Birkenhead  (Read 752 times)

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah Richardson 1901 Census Oxton/Claughton/Birkenhead
« on: Thursday 27 September 18 18:31 BST (UK) »
Sarah Richardson (nee Knowles) was born in 1867 in Oxton, Cheshire and married her husband Thomas George Richardson on 13 October 1892 in Claughton.

They had a daughter Muriel Amy who was born in March 1895 before Thomas died in the Summer of 1897.

Sarah is missing in 1901 but Muriel Amy appears 'adopted' by a Jane Sherlock, living in Birkenhead (Class: RG13; Piece: 3392; Folio: 138; Page: 2).  She is still with the Sherlocks in 1911 before she qualifies as a Nurse just after WW1.

Sarah is not dead as she reappears with her parents William and Sarah Knowles in 1911 (Class: RG14; Piece: 22021) so she must be somewhere in 1901.  She records herself as a widow and having no living children but that is clearly incorrect.

So any assistance greatfully received. 

Thanks
Ruth

Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Richardson 1901 Census Oxton/Claughton/Birkenhead
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 September 18 18:48 BST (UK) »
Sorry - not helping with your query - but I just looked at the 1901 census where she was an adopted daughter, living in Woodchurch Rd Birkenhead, and saw they lived just a few doors from my Great grandad and his family (Joseph and Ellen Tinker) with my grandad there as 5 year old Willie!!

I would imagine 6 year old Muriel and 5 yr old Willie played together, as children down the street did in those days. Unless they had reached the age when girls and boys did not mix!!!!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk