Author Topic: Elizabeth Taylor - Hilmarton, Wiltshire  (Read 1912 times)

Offline thelilradish

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Taylor - Hilmarton, Wiltshire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 October 18 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to do a bit of searching for Elizabeth aswell.

She's definitely proving very difficult to find! She is now affectionately referred to in my family as 'Elusive Elizabeth'! :D

Is there any possibility that she could've gone in to a workhouse?  ???
Sprague (Essex and Somerset)
Clark (Essex, Suffolk spec. Glemsford)
Taylor (Wiltshire spec. Hilmarton, Calne, Tockenham, Lyneham)
Light (Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire)
Kirton (Wiltshire)
Dean (Wiltshire)
Newbury (Wiltshire, Gloucestershire)
Hillier (Wiltshire spec. Avebury)
Hogg (Gloucestershire)
Bromfield (Devon)

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Taylor - Hilmarton, Wiltshire
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 October 18 17:53 BST (UK) »
I've been trying to get to Elizabeth via her children. It's slow going though. I thought it might be best to track Eliza's life, because if and when Elizabeth was in need of care, then Eliza would be the most likely to fill the role.

It's already been found where the children were in 1851 and 1861, except for Henry and Eliza in 1861. I may have found Eliza, right age a female servant in the Jeffrey household at Ansty, Wilts. She gave her PoB as Ansty, so will have to check that,I want to find her marriage and go forwards. It's time consuming though.

Another event I have noted is the death of an Elizabeth Taylor at Bradford on  Avon in 1900 aged 78. All has to be proved or disproved. I suspect Elizabeth never got married. All these places are within theatre then. My grandmothers mother was born Hilmarton 1840 and married my grandfather in Uffington, Berks. 
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.