Author Topic: Arthur Hughes and Janet Wilson  (Read 724 times)

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arthur Hughes and Janet Wilson
« on: Saturday 29 September 18 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, the above couple married in Avondale, Lanarkshire, Scotland in 1836 and then disappeared. I've looked at the 1841 Scottish census and births to see if they had children, but found nothing not even in England so I think they may have immigrated. Huge possibility that Arthur could have been born Ireland. Apart from that, I have no other information, sorry.
Regards Elaine

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Hughes and Janet Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 September 18 22:06 BST (UK) »

Any birth years for these two ?  Parents names ?

Have you had a browse thru family search   ??? -  wants registered (for free) there are lots of records
available. 

https://www.familysearch.org/  (free to register)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Hughes and Janet Wilson
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 September 18 22:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks for reply, no I don't have their parents, sadly the Scottish marriage records don't give parents names until 1855. I have looked at immigration records. Where is the best place to see USA census for free, I am on ancestry but have to upgrade to see them. I'm not mean, I have spent a lot of money on sites over the years trying to find Arthur. Will give family search a try again. Cheers