Author Topic: Mumford - Ontario, Canada 1926 - Add a bit of colour, please?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Mumford - Ontario, Canada 1926 - Add a bit of colour, please?
« on: Monday 01 October 18 18:08 BST (UK) »
May I ask if anyone might be able to add a bit of (subdued?) colour to the photograph, please?  I am hoping that with colour the family might stand out a bit more.  Apologies for the poor quality of the photo.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to offer.  Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mumford - Ontario, Canada 1926 - Add a bit of colour, please?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 October 18 21:43 BST (UK) »
A clean from me, regards, John.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 October 18 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi John:

Thank you very much for the clean up; the family seems to be more in focus now.  :)  Thank you for your time, trouble and skill.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 October 18 20:52 BST (UK) »
Bit of colour from me....

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 October 18 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Handypandy:

That is beautiful; thank you so much.  I've never been to the property (it probably doesn't look anything like that now) so seeing it in colour also gives me the chance to envision what it may have looked like when the family visited.  Thank you, Lisa

PS Thank you for your time, trouble and skill as well and thank you for capturing all of the little details.   :)

Offline FintryGirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Our Home in Fintry - The one past Mom & her dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 April 19 01:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,
Was looking through the photos and found yours, where abouts in Ontario is this. I've been looking for a Bella Mumford from Worthington Ontario. Or any of the Mumfords from Mond Nickel mines.

Thanks
Meffen, McEwan, Eggleton, Bryson, Gray, Cobb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 26 April 19 03:32 BST (UK) »
Hi FintryGirl:

My Mumfords lived in Toronto (and the neighbouring areas).  I didn't take the time to reread my thread, but if I didn't previously mention it, our Mumford families lived in Essex, England prior to their arrival in Ontario.  The families arrived in Ontario c1850s.

Does any of the above sound like it could be for your Mumfords?  Please feel free to pm me, if it would make it easier to correspond.

PS  My ancestor's uncle did not live in or around Toronto, so perhaps their could be a connection between our families.  Also, this Mumford married an Isabella (I don't remember her last name or recollect dates, but I can look for the details if you have interest).

Thank you for your interest, Lisa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 26 April 19 03:34 BST (UK) »
PS  As you may or may not know, Mumford was not a hugely common name in Ontario, Canada.  ;)