Author Topic: Lannon Family  (Read 994 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lannon Family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 October 18 17:49 BST (UK) »
Kane, or its variant Cain, appears as mother’s maiden name on Mary and Annie’s marriage records and also the baptisms of James, Francis, Bernard and Patrick.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 October 18 17:51 BST (UK) »
The information on Ann Kane came from her death certificate where it lists her Father as being Bernard Kane, and her Mother as Nora McDermott (all born in Ireland)   On my Great Grandfathers deaths certificate listed for his mother name is Mollie with a ?, no name listed for his father.  My DNA from Ancestry is 98% Ireland & Scotland.  I'm also all Irish on my mother's side of the family, (Byrne's), my grandfather John Byrne's was first generation American.  The region broken down from Ancestry DNA are Ulster Ireland, and listed under that is North Midland, & Ulster East.  I believe the Ulster East may be from my mothers side of the family as, my son and a first cousin on my mothers side of the family are the only ones showing up under the heading of Ulster East. So that leads me to believe because all of my first cousins on the 'Lannon" side of the family are all showing up under Ulster Ireland (North Midlands).    My copy of the 1870 U.S. Federal Census, has the family listed in this order.  John age 33, Ann age 31, Mary age 10, James age 8, Annie 9, Francis age 3, Bernard age 1 and no Patrick, or my Grand father who was John Patrick Joseph Lannon being born in 1872.  I'm thinking that maybe "Patrick" is actually my grandfather John Patrick 18 July 1872.

I know the family is listed out of order in 1870, but I put them back into age order so that you could see that Annie was the second child and not the third.

Patrick’s baptism details are given at reply #6 - unless the online transcription is wrong his birthdate was 18 June (rather than July) 1872, and he did not have the name John at baptism (though he may have added it later).
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Anne1942

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 October 18 15:00 BST (UK) »
I trying to research a "James Lannon". He was arrested in Co. Leitrim for horse stealing around 1837.  He was tried but was not transported for life.  His sentence was commuted to 12 months imprisonment.  His age is listed as being 28.  I'm trying to find out if he might have been married and if he had a son named John age 1?