Author Topic: Lookup of Elizabeth Firth in Slaithwaite Yorkshire between 1671-1681  (Read 564 times)

Offline Shon R. Edwards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lookup of Elizabeth Firth in Slaithwaite Yorkshire between 1671-1681
« on: Saturday 06 October 18 04:54 BST (UK) »
I would be pleased if someone could look up the baptism of Elizabeth Firth in Slaithwaite Yorkshire between 1671-1681.  I live in Salt Lake City and can likewise help you with a lookup in the Family History Library.  Regards, Shon Edwards.

NB -- I realize we have some of these records in SLC, but as I learned in my search of the SRO in Taunton Somerset, they were the only ones who had the parish registers, in SLC we only had the BTs, which are always notoriously incomplete.  Perhaps there are some indexes or records on the other side of the pond which could be of assistance.  Also no PRs for the specified years here.

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup of Elizabeth Firth in Slaithwaite Yorkshire between 1671-1681
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 October 18 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Shon

Slaithwaite was a chapelry in the parish of Huddersfield, and you can find information about the registers at Genuki: https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/WRY/Huddersfield/SlaithwaitePRlocation

You'll see that baptism entries started in 1684. The National Index of Parish Registers notes that earlier entries are found in the registers for Huddersfield St Peter - see Genuki's page at https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/WRY/Huddersfield/HuddersfieldPRlocation

I'd be surprised if you're unable to view the registers online for yourself, in a library if not at home. For this part of Yorkshire they're at Ancestry ("West Yorkshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1512-1812").

The BTs, if you need them, are at FindMyPast. In this case you'd need "Yorkshire, Bishop's Transcripts Of Baptisms", but not everything there is indexed so you could also try "Yorkshire Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts Browse".

Good luck!
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 October 18 11:10 BST (UK) »
Slaithwaite records are also on A....y but sadly the earliest is 1682.
Plenty of Elizabeth Firths elsewhere in West Yorks born 1671 - 1681.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline J.R.Ellam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 October 18 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

It could depend on which part of Slaithwaite they lived, part was in Almondbury parish.

John
Ellam, Mills, Ellins
Firth, Wood, Muffitt
Hill, Mattinson, Nicholson
Morrey, Hudson, Limb

Offline Shon R. Edwards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 October 18 17:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you all!!!