Author Topic: James Cropper b: c1827/28/29  (Read 609 times)

Offline blacksmithy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Cropper b: c1827/28/29
« on: Sunday 07 October 18 05:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
hoping someone may be able to help me with the following gentleman.  I am specifically looking for his emigration to New Zealand, perhaps via Australia.

James is the son of Abraham Cropper and Sarah (Sally) Nuttall. Born C 1827-29.  in Newchurch Lancashire, England.

I have the 1851 England Census which describes him as a Stone Mason.  It also gives details of place of birth and other siblings.  By the 1861 census his is no longer with the family. 
I can confirm he was in New Zealand by 6 November 1869 as he married Emma Moody at Hokitika.

We have a family reunion in 2 weeks and this is the last link we are looking for.
In anticipation of someone reading this, many thanks
Blacksmithy
Welsh: Kilbarchan;Canada; New Zealand
MacArthur:North Knapdale
 Weckesser: Germany, Netherands, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia
O'Brien: Australia, New Zealand

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Cropper b: c1827/28/29
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 October 18 10:27 BST (UK) »
I may be wrong, but I don't think that outgoing passenger lists from UK are available for this timescale.  Have you tried looking at possible incoming passenger lists into, perhaps, Australia.  I found information for 1855 for people arriving into Victoria - via the Public Record Office, Victoria.

Only a thought  :-\
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Vimto

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: James Cropper b: c1827/28/29
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 October 18 18:22 BST (UK) »
Visiting the Public Record Office Victoria (Australia) website you can search a list of potential passengers arriving and leaving Australia. Your James Cropper could be the James Cropper, aged 26, who is listed on the Outwards Lists held at the PROV archives departing Australia in January 1867 on the ship "Gothenberg" bound for Hokitika and Greymouth.

https://www.prov.vic.gov.au/node/1186