Author Topic: The Coady's as an off shoot of McCarroll's  (Read 3342 times)

Offline jj.carroll

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Coady's as an off shoot of McCarroll's
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
Why don't we start all over.  ::)

scotmum, you have actually opened a very new line of research that should be available to us - making Patrick J. the long lost (to myself, and evidently to no others such as aghadowey and hallmark) husband.  In my travels there was no reason for ask what Kitty's husband's name, where he came from - or other important things.  We had a number of sessions over tea, probably addressing things such as the weather or what trains to take to where.  But, never what here late husband was, or who he might have been.

Thank you  :D

jjc

Carroll, McCarroll, McCusker and McCosker from County Tyrone. Then there are Dillen for Derry, Gaffigan, McGaffigan, Crennan, and Amos.  Now adding: Leonard, Berry, and Gahagan from Strokestown, County Roscommon, also Gahigan, Hounihan, and Whonohan and another branch of Carrolls from County Cork.

Offline jj.carroll

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 17:52 BST (UK) »
scotmum -

:D Your pick-up of the sale of the property brought forth the fond memories I had when discussing general things with Kitty. "A Coadys Convenience Store , 8 and 10 Bath Street, was for sale in 1996..." said some things about the property that I had forgotten about.  This was a two story building and the upstairs was for the family (well, a daughter Mary was the only one still there). But I did not know that the convenience store was more than a grocers, from which Mary would go to the place long gone to shop.  I remember going with her and seeing all of those little, and big, carts from which many items were for sale. 

And the other, which I think was for women to have their hair done, was an actual part of the property.

Your attention to these details, like the addresses, will make it more likely we can proceed without guessing.

Thank you for the remembrances they have brought . :P Hopefully we can now backtrack, and unravel this one that I had so many fine moments in the past.

JJC
Carroll, McCarroll, McCusker and McCosker from County Tyrone. Then there are Dillen for Derry, Gaffigan, McGaffigan, Crennan, and Amos.  Now adding: Leonard, Berry, and Gahagan from Strokestown, County Roscommon, also Gahigan, Hounihan, and Whonohan and another branch of Carrolls from County Cork.

Offline jj.carroll

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 20:47 BST (UK) »
On October 7, 1938 - Patrick J. Coady , employed by the railway and resided at 54 South (lots) Road in Ringshead, the county of Dublin.  On that date he married Catherine Bogan. Patrick’s father, James Coady, was deceased at the time of the wedding.  He had also been an employee of the railway.  Catherine’s father, Andrew Bogan, was a farmer from County Tyrone. The marriage took place in the Roman Catholic church of Ringshead and was witnessed by Henry (Doyle) and Mary Keogh.

Offline jj.carroll

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 21:29 BST (UK) »
Patrick Coady passed away at age 55 on October 22, 1959 at the hospital in Ringshead, County of Dublin.  At the time of his death he had given up his employment with the railway and was listed as a shopkeeper in Irishtown.  B. O’Leary was in attendance at his demise.

Without the actual birth date, one must rely upon doing the arduous task of going through the births that took place in a time period without the knowledge of the Mother’s maiden name.  And if one has never visited Dublin, and even then it can be a chore, it would be difficult to distinguish Irishtown and Rigshead.

Thanks scotmum - jjc