Author Topic: Charles Arundel Lambert  (Read 1362 times)

Offline dpaton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Arundel Lambert
« on: Tuesday 09 October 18 09:13 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on a sword and scabbard with the inscription :-
 "PRESENTED BY MAJOR GENERAL THE RIGHT HONble LORD FREDERICK FITZCLARENCE G.C.H. TO CHARLES LAMBERT LIEUT. & ADJUTANT 62 REGT.1848".  Charles Lambert was my great great grandfather. The sword was stolen from the home in Hamilton, New Zealand, of my father's cousin, Mrs Joy Barrett, in April 1993.  Hoping that after all these years it may turn up somewhere or someone has seen it.  I would love to be able to return it to my father who it rightly belongs to.
 dpaton

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Arundel Lambert
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 October 18 08:52 BST (UK) »
Have you kept in touch with auctioneers of military items......Antique Arms dealers etc. They usually have lots of swords ro sell in thier auctions.

Offline dpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 October 18 10:49 BST (UK) »
My father wrote to all Antique Dealers and Collectors, Medal and Militaria Dealers and Collectors in New Zealand, Australia and United Kingdom  back in the 1990s but got no replys.

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 October 18 22:18 BST (UK) »
I suggest you make contact with Ted Rogers at this address.  http://www.militaria.co.nz/
Ted is the auctioneer of one of the biggest auctions of antique firearms in NZ.  He will be able to help with further contacts I am sure. 

Also make contact with the big general antique auctioneers eg Dunbar Sloane in Wellington. Best by email.  Presume you are still in cotact with the Police ie they have the latest contact addresses as often with drug raids especially items of interest surface and if they do not have a current contact address and it is found it may go into the general Police auctions. 

Is Charles Arundel Lambert from the Wairoa HB Lamberts?

Offline dpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 11 October 18 07:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for those contact details I will chase them up.  My father gave it up as a lost cause years ago but recently he told me about it and I have started to make enquiries again as I would like to try and recover it for my father.  I don't know who those Lamberts are you mentioned I am a greart granddaughter of Charles and Mary Ann Lamberts youngest son Hanham who went to Australia. Are you referring to Bertram  and Fenton's descendants? Thanks dpaton

Offline Michelle Lambert

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 February 19 04:40 GMT (UK) »
I am also a descendant of Charles Arundel Lambert, and yes the Wairoa HB Lamberts are the descendants from Fenton and Bertram.  (Same family tree).  Also looking for further family history/tree from England.

Offline evanslambert

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 November 21 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Hey, found this looking up this guy. He is my great-great grandfather. My great grandfather was Bertam Lambert. Best of luck finding his sword!!!