Author Topic: John Thomas Knaggs WW1  (Read 2018 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Thomas Knaggs WW1
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 October 18 18:15 BST (UK) »
There is always a chance he might have separated from his wife ? and went overseas

I did see this record for a John Knaggs age 33 single born Yorkshire occupation stone cutter
Last address came from Inverkeithing going to a friend Tom McLean 64,South Street Milford New Haven ..Nearest relative Aunt 29, King Street Camden  Town London
Departure Glasgow

Arrival Boston Mass  5/5/1914

Ship Numidian

Rosie

Offline Joed99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 October 18 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

This is the death cert I bought. The wife is not Louisa Poll.

Where would I find Royal Artillery service records ?

John

What is the name of the wife in the death certificate? His service record does not appear to have survived. Upwards of 60% were destroyed by enemy action in WW2.

Imber

Quote from York Register Office

The death entry here of John Thomas Knaggs in 1925 does not meet all the details that you stated. He is aged 45, but no wife is named and the address although in the North East is not Skelton Green Cleveland.

Thank you all for your perseverance, I was hoping someone else might have picked up some snippet of info I haven't.

Offline Joed99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 February 22 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It would seem John Thomas Knaggs survived WW1 as  have just found him in the 1921 living locally at at Robinson St Skelton in Cleveland and still working at the mine as a blacksmiths striker!

Still a mystery over is death but at least it narrows it down to between 1921 and 1939.