Author Topic: bolduc family  (Read 4877 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bolduc family
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 02:19 BST (UK) »
Marie Lorette Albina Arthemise 20 Sept 1918 baptism
Marie Helene Rhea 10 Sep 1917 baptism
Joseph Napoleon Thimolias 21 Oct 1913 baptism
M. Fleurette Yollande 13 Feb baptism
M. Reine 05 Nov  baptism
Marie Alice Micheline 06 Apr  Baptism

Will pm the years for the last three as they are more recent.
Is your Hugette actually Fluerette?

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi cosmic
once again thanks for your help,WOW !! so many multipule first names my head is spinning !
My wife thought that her aunts name was Hugette but possibly it was Fleurette.
I am still kind of confused with Louis Goulet -Philomine  Martineau that I found on the 1921 census with daughter Alexina looks like a diff. family he was age 47 b abt 1874 ,and  of course the Philomine with Louis and the Philomine with Napoleon are two diff people, none of the dates that you gave me for the Goulet family for 1901 and 1911 are close to the birth of Louis that I found, still need some direction

huey1

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 20:36 BST (UK) »
About Alexina, Louis, and Philomine....

Marie Marguerite Alexina Goulet was born 19 May and baptized 20 May 1900 at Bienville, Parish of St Antoine, County Levis. Parents Louis Goulet and Marie Marcoux.

Louis Goulet, son of minor age of Louis Goulet and Dina Carrier, married Marie Marcoux, daur of minor age of Edourd Marcoux and Elisa Blais 25 Feb 1895, St Charles, Bellechasse County

Dina Carriere is with the family in the 1921 census.

Louis Goulet, widower of Marie Marcoux, married Philomene Prevost, daur of the age of majority of Charles Prevost and deceased Angele Bisson (?....hard to read her last name) 20 Oct 1903, St Charles, Bellechasse County.

So Marie appears to have died at some point. And the Philomine in the 1921 census is apparently not Philomine Martineau.

Louis Goulet is a relatively common Quebec name and so is Philomene. I don't believe this family is related to your Louis Goulet and Philomine Martineau, although there is always the possibilty they could be distantly related. I haven't looked into that possibility.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 20:57 BST (UK) »
I agree entirely with PolarBear.  Dina Carriere (maiden name) on the 1921 census is clearly shown as the mother of Louis Goulet although on ancestry her age is indexed as 21 and not the 71 it actually is.  Dina Carriere married in St. Charles in 1873 to Louis Goulet and the son of this couple, Louis, was baptized a year later in St. Charles.

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 October 18 19:19 BST (UK) »
thanks polar bear and cosmac for confirming the Louis ,philomine and alexina confusion on my part
I did see parents of Louis on the census
Can you advise if there are any other online source of BMD's other that Family Search and the Drouin Collection on Ancestry for Quebec ,I have looked at the source's on Rootchat without success

huey1

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 18 October 18 19:47 BST (UK) »
The only records available for Quebec in that time frame are parish records for baptisms, marriages, and burials which are on line in the Drouin Collection. Civil registration did not begin in Quebec until 1994 (Yes!).

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 18 October 18 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi
1994 !!! that's almost unbelievable
Would that have anything to do with the power of the Church in Quebec ?
looks like I need a subscription to Ancestry if I want to proceed with other branches of the family
huey1

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 19 October 18 00:34 BST (UK) »
Probably had a fair bit to do with the Catholic Church.

Before you take out a sub to Ancestry, check if your local public library subscribes to the library edition. This would give you access to the Canadian records, including images, but not trees (if I remember correctly). Original images would be available for the records we have quoted to you herein.

You can access Canadian censuses for free at this link....

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/Pages/census.aspx

And this one....

http://automatedgenealogy.com

To add to my note about the Drouin Collection, if you go back far enough in the Drouin Collection you will get into the Tanguay (sp?) Collection which is also apparently on line.

PB

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 08 November 18 20:47 GMT (UK) »
sorry for the delay in answering !!
Thanks to all for your great help ,no luck with the local Lib. for Ancestry nearest one is 150km from my home so a subscription it will be

Huey1