Author Topic: Which Susanna did Samuel Bewick Marry?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Which Susanna did Samuel Bewick Marry?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 October 18 01:12 BST (UK) »
I only have access to census on FamilySearch and others very often find families I can’t find on there, using other resources. So, still a good chance someone will find them.

Also, it is only Susanna’s birth on GRO in that area, so I wonder if her parents were from elsewhere and moved on after her birth. There could be children before or after her birth.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 October 18 10:50 BST (UK) »
I only became aware of the marriage locator website quite recently from a post that I saw from another RootsChatter.  You won't find all marriages on there but I must say, I have had a pleasing number of successes being able to locate a number of marriages I have been after in the Newcastle upon Tyne registration district. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 October 18 00:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you both.

Jamjar, I have tried to find the Robinson's, but can only find the marriage that you found. Beyond that, they do  not seem to exist.

RTL, I have used the marriage locator, and have found several which seem to be divided between two churches. The marriage for Samuel and Susanna comes up as: The entry is located between entries for Newcastle St John the Baptist and Newcastle St John, both in RD Newcastle upon Tyne.
Will have to try to see the original registers.

AC

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 12:23 BST (UK) »
I have found the marriage! :)
Found at Tyne and Wear Archives microfilm 540

St John the Baptist, Newcastle upon Tyne
Entry 109
June 25 1868
Samuel Bewick & Susanna Robinson
Both 'Full' age
Bachelor & Spinster
Samuel was an Engine Fitter
Residence for both 'This Parish'
Fathers:
Samuel Bewick - Engine Fitter
James Robinson - Miller
Witnesses:
Robert (Adam?) Veitch
John Findlay
All signed
By Banns
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 03:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you VERY much for that.

They were both definitely "full" age, being about 26 when married. Both were born 1842, with Samuel in April, and Susanna in October.

Again, many thanks for finding that information. It is now entered in the marriage section of the software I am using.

AC

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 22 October 18 09:03 BST (UK) »
You are welcome a chesters.  Glad to have been able to help, especially as you live so far away in Australia. :)