Author Topic: Non Conformist Records, Dalkeith  (Read 2399 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Non Conformist Records, Dalkeith
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 October 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
I'm used to the terminology my Californian cousin addresses that branch of her family tree with.
From the point of view of the Church of England, every Christian denomination in Scotland is equivalent to nonconformist except the Roman Catholic and Episcopalian churches. So it's not only irrelevant, it isn't even useful to apply it erroneously.  ;)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Dieter1865

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 October 18 10:47 BST (UK) »
I'm used to the terminology my Californian cousin addresses that branch of her family tree with.
From the point of view of the Church of England, every Christian denomination in Scotland is equivalent to nonconformist except the Roman Catholic and Episcopalian churches. So it's not only irrelevant, it isn't even useful to apply it erroneously.  ;)

Wow, just wow.  I have dyslexia and if that's the terminology my cousins family notes referred to it from the 19th century then do please excuse the both of us.

As stated, this is a learning curve for me and I don't appreciate your turn of phrase. There's pointing out somebody's misinterpretation surely in a kinder fashion?

Don't waste my time or yours any further with a response. I shall not be back.

And to all the others who were so helpful, I do appreciate all your responses and tips.  All the best to you all.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 October 18 11:19 BST (UK) »
I am sorry if you do not like my 'turn of phrase', and happy to apologise for any offence I may inadvertently have given.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 October 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
I for one found Forfarian's clarification to be most enlightening, as usual. I also noticed that his post was accompanied by a smiley face.

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)