Author Topic: John Robson and Elizabeth Pears  (Read 851 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Robson and Elizabeth Pears
« on: Friday 12 October 18 19:24 BST (UK) »
John Robson and Elizabeth Pears married on 22 July 1810 at Allendale, Northumberland. They had at least four children, Thomas, Elizabeth, John and Mary.

John was born c1785 and died September 1824 aged 39. He was a lead ore miner. Elizabeth was born 1782.

1.   Does anyone know what happened to Elizabeth after John’s death e.g. possible remarriage and death.
2.   Does anyone have a proven line of descent from this couple ?

Thank you
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Robson and Elizabeth Pears
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 October 18 12:07 BST (UK) »
Thomas & Elizabeth 20 June 1813,

John, Esther & Mary all baptised 11 Jan 1824 Allendale

I presume this is the daughter
Thomas STOKOE of Hexham Priory & St Andrew to Elizabeth Robson 29 Dec 1836 Allendale

Eliz Robson burial Allendale on Freereg  18 Oct 1850, age 70

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 October 18 12:25 BST (UK) »
Thomas & Elizabeth 20 June 1813,

John, Esther & Mary all baptised 11 Jan 1824 Allendale

I presume this is the daughter
Thomas STOKOE of Hexham Priory & St Andrew to Elizabeth Robson 29 Dec 1836 Allendale

Eliz Robson burial Allendale on Freereg  18 Oct 1850, age 70

Colin

Thank you.

Yes that is the family but I did not have Esther for some reason so I will investigate that (Esther was also the name of Elizabeth's mother).

I am not sure of the 1850 death for Elizabeth I have looked at it a few times in the past and drawn a blank, I will try again but she did not leave a will as far as I can see so it is not proving easy.

The Thomas Stokoe marriage to an Elizabeth Robson is a good shout and I shall investigate that too.

James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Stirrick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 September 19 21:05 BST (UK) »
Are you still looking for this, David ?

Esther Pears married Matthew Robson in Allendale on 16 Dec 1815.
Children - Thomas (bp.1816), Matthew (bp.1822), Joseph (bp.1822), Henry (bp.1822) and Emmerson (bp.1824).

Presumably John and Matthew Robson were related.
Emmerson / Emerson seems to have been a popular name in the Allendale area.

After Matthew's death she married John Brown (1792–1861) in Blanchland on 14 May 1831.
But had no more children.
She had died by 1851.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 September 19 11:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you. Yes I am still looking.

I have seen this couple (Esther and Matthew) before but can't recall what the answer is. I am going away tomorrow but will go over it again next week when I get back.

Thank you for posting as it prompts me to loo at it again.