Author Topic: Was there really a barmaid onboard ship?  (Read 874 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Was there really a barmaid onboard ship?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 October 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
You might be right about Miss Reece - so would this mean that she was Picket's daughter, and came to visit and left again in the same way as Miss Boar?
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 October 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
I think the first references are about a transfer of crew between this ship and the North Star and that there were two men Messrs Bourchier and Barnard ( mates) entered on the ship’s crew list and two dispatched Messrs Reece and Nickel ( mid(shipmen) ) they also embarked several passengers one of whom (Hockley)  had previously been a midshipman on the North Star.
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 October 18 15:27 BST (UK) »
I think the first references are about a transfer of crew between this ship and the North Star and that there were two men Messrs Bourchier and Barnard ( mates) entered on the ship’s crew list and two dispatched Messrs Reece and Nickel ( mid(shipmen) ) ....

Ingenious - and on looking at it again, possibly more likely than any of my suggestions.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 October 18 19:37 BST (UK) »
I think the first references are about a transfer of crew between this ship and the North Star and that there were two men Messrs Bourchier and Barnard ( mates) entered on the ship’s crew list and two dispatched Messrs Reece and Nickel ( mid(shipmen) ) they also embarked several passengers one of whom (Hockley)  had previously been a midshipman on the North Star.

Oh that’s MUCH more likely. I’m going to go with that. Thank you all for looking. In general this log is fairly legible but that had me stumped.