Author Topic: Searching for Adopted brother  (Read 477 times)

Offline Sharon Romany

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Searching for Adopted brother
« on: Sunday 14 October 18 09:53 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this is the right page to post on but here goes.
I’m helping a cousin of mine who had a brother who was adopted,he was born in 1981 and the certificate shows It was May 1982 at Horsham court that the certificate is dated,his adoptive Parents and Brother are named on the certificate it also shows address but we know they are no longer living there, I wasn’t sure if I could put the names on here which I have also.If anyone can help or guide me as to get more ideas as I’ve never searched for a adoptive person.
Thank you in advance.
Bigginton/Biggington  Woolwich/ Canterbury/Deptford/Lewisham
Buckley,Essex,Canning Town,Eastwood,Rochford,
Lee,Essex,WestHam
Howsego,Essex,Canning Town,Westham,
Cooper,Essex,Dagenham
Freshney.
Litson

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Adopted brother
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 October 18 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,     

( Rootschat rules ) = no publishing names / contacts of living persons  :(     

You can post on websites such as Missing-you.net     

You could also look on 192.com     

Other sites are available  :)     

Regards     

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 October 18 11:18 BST (UK) »
No, do not post names of living people on rootschat. This might help you https://familytimeline.webs.com/adoptionlivingrelations.htm
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Online jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 October 18 14:44 BST (UK) »
No names but things you could try.

FindMyPast has reasonably recent electoral registers, up to 2014. If you don’t have a subscription, you could take out a free 14 day trial, just remember to cancel before the 14 days is up.

Have you looked for a marriage for him, not having a common name would help here... or check for the adoptive parents deaths/remarriage? You could also check for adoptive grandparents deaths, hoping a son or daughter registered the death with an address.

I have had quite a lot of success with searching Facebook and checking friends. Parents may be listed  ;)

Finally, have you tried writing to the address on the adoption cert to see if they have a forwarding address or perhaps one of the neighbours might know.  Check the address on Zoopla.com it usually gives the last date the house was on the market... might give a small clue if the house hasn’t had multiple owners since then. That is assuming they owned the property.

Good luck.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.