Author Topic: Mary Ann Wilson and her son James Wilson  (Read 1269 times)

Offline recorder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Wilson and her son James Wilson
« on: Sunday 14 October 18 15:03 BST (UK) »
This is my first visit to the Westmorland forum and any help members can give me would be much appreciated. I have some information regarding the family and I am trying to find where they might have been in the periods between the facts I have which are -
Mary Ann Wilson was born on 11 Aug 1801.
Her son James was born 29 July 1823 in Kendal Poorhouse. His father was Joseph Dawson, stationer of Kendal.
James was baptised 22 Aug 1823 at Holy Trinity Church, Kendall and his address was shown as Kendal Poorhouse.
On 6 Nov 1837 Mary Ann Wilson of Park Head married Richard Nelson Barrow, a tailor from Milnthorpe, at Heversham Parish Church. James was an apprentice tailor.
On 29 Sept 1837 Mary Ann Wilson, now Mrs Barrow, dies.
On 2 Oct 1844 James Wilson,tailor from Leasgill, marries Mary Hughes from Heversham.
The family then appear in Liverpool where James has joined the police probably in Jan 1845.

I am trying to find what they did and where they might have lived in the years between the above dates. Any comments would be welcome. Also how were the newlyweds most likely to have travelled to Liverpool in 1844? Any snippets about Westmorland life at the time will be welcome including advice on good websites to give me an insight into life in the county then.

Many thanks - Recorder.

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Wilson and her son James Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 October 18 16:00 BST (UK) »
Think you have got Mary's death date wrong as she dies before she has married.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline recorder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Wilson and her son James Wilson
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 October 18 16:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks Paco - it should have been 1838.  This is a poor start to my adventures in Westmorland. I promise to do better in future. - Recorder.