Author Topic: Jacob Bairstow and Susan Garth married 27th November 1826 at Halifax  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Chris Penrose

• RootsChat Member
  • Penrose etc family history research
    • View Profile
Jacob Bairstow and Susan Garth married 27th November 1826 at Halifax
« on: Thursday 11 August 05 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi there

My name is Chris (based in Leeds) and I am helping a lady called Deb in Australia as part of my participation in a new all purpose personal and family history group (Genesandthings). We are trying to trace Jacob Bairstow and Sarah Garth in the UK at the beginning of the 19th century and their families into the 18th and before.

The IGI marriage for the two on 27th November 1826 in Halifax refers, which shows Jacob's death in Adelaide in 1839, shortly after arrival - Sarah shows as living until 1852. Also Jacob's notional DOB of 1804 as he was 35 when he died.

Has anyone got these two people in their family trees? Also Robert Bairstow and Hannah - Jacob's parents.

If you can have a look at the Halifax PRs I would be grateful: I will get over there sometime myself.

In return I will look up Leeds information in their extensive records.

Many thanks

Chris Penrose
Penrose Pollard Stoddern Bowers Milnes Starkey Chappell

Offline Kylee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jacob Bairstow and Susan Garth married 27th November 1826 at Halifax
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi there Chris,

I too am tracing that same line - I have just been in contact with a lady  who is tracing the same line too. She has just sent me her information via email to compare notes. If youd like to contact me for information dont hesitate! (I dont have any information prior to Sarah and Jacob though just descendants)

Kylee
FURTAK, LINDSAY, BROCK, SMITH, LOVETT, HARDEN, MYERS, MAYERS, MERCHANT, MARCHANT, DOWLEANS, ATKINSON, HAIRE, RUDLAND, TRANDAFIL, PIEJKO

Offline Chris Penrose

• RootsChat Member
  • Penrose etc family history research
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 04:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Kylee

I understand that Deb has sent you a personal message AND that you have joined our group - welcome and well done!

Many thanks

Chris Penrose
Penrose Pollard Stoddern Bowers Milnes Starkey Chappell

Offline Mary Bairstow

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 February 18 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have proof of the parents of  Jacob Bairstow birth approx. 1805/6 who married Sarah Garth in 1826 St John the Baptist Coley Road?