Author Topic: Kinrade family - help to find details of my father when he lived Isle of Man  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Ali Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
I wonder if anyone can help me find anything more about my father Albert Evan Price known as Van. He married Dorothy Kinrade born 1925 ish  around the time of the second world war - he was in the RAF and they apparently met in South Africa where her father John was possibly a frogman ( the Kinrades  are all IOM born and bred) my dad was originally from Liverpool with welsh parents  after serving in Kinross it appears My dad and Dorothy came back to the IOM and he helped run a pig farm > They did divorce at some point as my dad married my mum in 1961 in Yorkshire - I would be so grateful if anyone can help
Nugent - Barking/Hackney
Utley/Hawley Yorkshire
Apperley Herefordshire
Constantine London and Lancs.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kinrade family - help to find details of my father when he lived Isle of Man
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 October 18 22:54 BST (UK) »
When was your father born?

Added:
Is this his death?
Albert Evan Price died age 65 in February 1987 in York
born 29th December  1921

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Kinrade family - help to find details of my father when he lived Isle of Man
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 October 18 23:14 BST (UK) »
It’s not very clear exactly what type of info you are looking for.  www.freebmd.org.uk shows his mothers maiden name was Watkin.  Do you already have that info?

His parents were possibly Richard W Price and Mary Watkin who married in Liverpool 1916 @ St Anne’s Aigburth

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 October 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
Marriage May 13th 1916 St Anne Aigburth

Richard William Price 23 - Gunner RFA. Father Albert -occ busman

Mary Watkin 23 father Evan occ labourer

Witnesses Matilda Watkin & Matthew Bennett
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 October 18 06:46 BST (UK) »
This looks like Dorothy's birth
Year   Surname   Name   District   Vol   Page No   
1924   Kinrade   Dorothy   Lonan   B   382

Have you looked to see if anyone else is researching her family?

Offline Ali Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 16:53 BST (UK) »
I have a massive family tree on ancestry with all that thank you but didn't have Dorothy's details so thank you very much for that . Guess I always wondered about his first marriage - presume I haven't got a half sibling somewhere ! but if I could track down someone who may have a photo or two that would be immense - I will do some more research on that birth of Dorothy many thanks
Nugent - Barking/Hackney
Utley/Hawley Yorkshire
Apperley Herefordshire
Constantine London and Lancs.