Author Topic: Cook Island Maori names - are these the same person?  (Read 367 times)

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Cook Island Maori names - are these the same person?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 23:02 BST (UK) »
Had you seen this tree for a person who could be her sister?

https://www.myheritage.com/names/ilan_ngatama
...out of, through, and back from New Zealand to the ends of the Earth

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nwkate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 23:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you TwiggyTree for the information. I will go check it out right now. And yes, I have seen that tree and been in touch with the person who created it. Thank you for checking on that angle, too!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nwkate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 October 18 16:43 BST (UK) »
Twiggy Tree - I have had some time to use the dictionary you recommended (as well as a second one I bumped into online) and that has been very helpful. Thank you for making that suggestion! I do appreciate it.