Author Topic: James CROAL, born 1830 Cowgate, Edinburgh, Scotland  (Read 1364 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: James CROAL, born 1830 Cowgate, Edinburgh, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 October 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
There is a death indexed on the Victorian BDM in 1969.  The deceased's father is displayed as James CROAL.  The deceased's name is female and the surname is NOT  Croal, so likely that is her maiden surname. 

I will send Tony a PM.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline John Bell

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 October 18 10:04 BST (UK) »
Tony,

Am I correct in thinking that the two men who stole from him, John Howell & John Wood alias Douglas and went to jail, were both ex Parkhurst boys?

Regards,
John.
BELL :Coatbridge, Sct & West Aust
WALLIS :Lamberhurst, Ticehurst, Frant. Ssx & West Aust
SENYARD :London.
VEAZEY :London
PARMENTER :Acton Suffolk & London & West Aust

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 October 18 14:11 BST (UK) »
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Thank you for your posts.......I am extremely grateful, simply because the information, in the first instance from John, allows me to complete profiles for two more "Parkhurst Boys", John HOWELL and John WOOD (alias DOUGLAS).    How I missed these two indicates "my senior moments"  :'( :-[ are becoming more pronounced.  Andrew GILL in his book Forced Labour for the West Parkhurst Convicts etc. identifies them as re-offenders in WA and I should have documented them accordingly, along with the others he mentions who I have!! (Thank you, John).

JM there's a PM in your Inbox.    The WAGS website "Parkhurst Boys" I use frequently, picking up tidbits here and there, but the "friendsofbattyelibrary" PDF is a totally new reference and should be interesting reading.   Thank you.

Just as a point of interest.   I now have narratives for over 400 ex-Parkhurst Prison juveniles sent to WA, both "Parkhurst Boys" and those who were transported as ordinary adult convicts after 1850, and a large number of these have been written very much with the help of RootsChat and people like yourselves.

Take care, for the moment,

Tony