Author Topic: Ancestry website constantly down  (Read 3234 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry website constantly down
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 17:35 BST (UK) »
Working fine for me also  :)

Rosie 

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 October 18 06:29 BST (UK) »
1861 English census has disappeared, for me, and they said that they were having problems on Monday/Tuesday.

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 October 18 09:26 BST (UK) »
1861 English census has disappeared, for me, and they said that they were having problems on Monday/Tuesday.

Thanks chempat, possibly not a figment of my imagination then :P.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 October 18 09:32 BST (UK) »
I've been getting intermittent problems for over a year. Regularly get white screen when I search or the apology message they put up.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 October 18 09:43 BST (UK) »
There seem to be one or two other threads showing for Ancestry problems. Most of replies suggest that the majority of us aren't having problems.

I'm wondering if it might be a combination of which Operating System and which browser are being used  :-\

Maybe those who are having problems could say what they are using.

I'm on the latest Win 10 and tend to use Firefox but have tested Ancestry on Edge and Chrome and all work fine.  I also make sure that the cache and history are cleared regularly.

Gadget 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 October 18 11:08 BST (UK) »

I've been having problems with the 1861 England too, in that it didn't appear in the list if I searched by person & then narrowed it down via census & then decade, but I was able to search it if I selected the specific record set first & then searched.  All seem OK today. 

I'm using Win10/Chrome
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Scotty123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 October 18 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, The Ancestry.com site seems okay but the UK site does not open for me. It has been like that for over a week now. I am not signed up for the .com site so I cannot login but the home page opens up okay. I cannot even open the homepage on the UK site. I will have a look at the facebook page that someone mentioned and see what else that I can do. They also have a third party chat line that I have spoken too. The person that I spoke to seemed to be aware of the problem and referred it over to Ancestry directly but I have not heard anything from Ancestry since then. Scott

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 19 October 18 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi, The Ancestry.com site seems okay but the UK site does not open for me. It has been like that for over a week now. I am not signed up for the .com site so I cannot login but the home page opens up okay. I cannot even open the homepage on the UK site. I will have a look at the facebook page that someone mentioned and see what else that I can do. They also have a third party chat line that I have spoken too. The person that I spoke to seemed to be aware of the problem and referred it over to Ancestry directly but I have not heard anything from Ancestry since then. Scott
Neither site is currently working for me. I would have thought a UK login should work on the .com site.

Offline Scotty123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 19 October 18 19:51 BST (UK) »
I don't think that it is possible to log in to the .com site if you are registered on the UK site. I am using a MacBook by the way. I tried to log in using Safari, Firefox and Google. It will not work on any of them. A few days ago, I was able to get to the homepage and enter my login details but that was as far as I got because the next page would not load up. Now, the homepage will not even load up. I have tried clearing the cache along with the rest of the suggestions but nothing works. Scott