Author Topic: first post search re father  (Read 940 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: first post search re father
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 October 18 14:50 BST (UK) »
A warm welcome to rootschat  :).

Do you have his dates of birth & death? Do you have a scan of the picture you could upload [make it <500 mb]. I assume you have seen the medal award roll on ancestry....

It may be worth having the post transferred to the Armed Forces WW1 board. Quite a few very knowledgeable people there., although they may see your post here.

There are a couple of public trees on ancestry with Francis J Herring b Huntingdonshire 1899 , one maybe yours but you could contact the tree owner & ask them what they know.

Welcome to Rootschat from me too.
Just to add, if you scan the photo to upload here it would be best to scanned at 500kb not mb as that would be a huge file and would be too big to post here.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: first post search re father
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 October 18 19:36 BST (UK) »
Whoops sorry, I have amended my post  :-[
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON