Author Topic: Crocket/t and Young - Moray Scotland  (Read 430 times)

Offline Craigellachie2019

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Crocket/t and Young - Moray Scotland
« on: Sunday 21 October 18 11:46 BST (UK) »
Until today I have had a William Crockett b 1805 d 1885 m to Margaret Ralph in my tree with parents William Crocket 1773-1806 and Janet Young 1770.  William died in the Stotfield disaster.  I haven't been able to trace Janet after she and her mother Margaret Young nee McQueen moved away.  However I have noticed a few people have the parents of William Crocket who married Margaret Ralph as James Crocket and Christina Young. I ordered the 1885 death cert of William and it notes James and Christina as parents. I note Web: Moray, Scotland, Local Heritage Index, 1632-2014 has a few notations saying William Crocket was born in 1807 married on 15 Oct 1826 Margaret Ralph and parents were James Crocket and Christina Young.  I haven't been able to find a marriage of James and Christina on Scotlandspeople, nor any births attributable to them.  Until today I had him as the borther of my 3rd gr grandmother Janet Crockett 1800-1889 m to John Stewart 1802-1878.  I have her death cert thru Scotlandspeople and it says her parents were William Crocket and Janet Young.  Any help to find James Crocket and Christina Young and where they fit would be welcome.  Thank you.
Anne
Scotland: Stewart, Smith, Edward, Barron, Macdonald, Sinclair, Millar/Miller, Ross, Salmon(d), Cuthel, Cuthill, Macalister, McAlaster, McAllister, Forsyth, Haddow, Todd, Aitken, Gartshore, Mackie, Strang
England: Lucas, Parkinson, Nicholls
Ireland: Keys, McAuliffe, Achilles, Fenner/Fannin, Halpin
Germany: Achilles, Bartels, Barthold, Pralow, Schreiber, Kloth, Cords

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Crocket/t and Young - Moray Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 October 18 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne

Could this old post help here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=514583.0

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Craigellachie2019

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 October 18 12:56 BST (UK) »
Hi - thanks for that - yes I had seen all those posts.  Just strange James and Christina don't seem to exist on paper - nor any of their children's births/baptisms.
Scotland: Stewart, Smith, Edward, Barron, Macdonald, Sinclair, Millar/Miller, Ross, Salmon(d), Cuthel, Cuthill, Macalister, McAlaster, McAllister, Forsyth, Haddow, Todd, Aitken, Gartshore, Mackie, Strang
England: Lucas, Parkinson, Nicholls
Ireland: Keys, McAuliffe, Achilles, Fenner/Fannin, Halpin
Germany: Achilles, Bartels, Barthold, Pralow, Schreiber, Kloth, Cords

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 October 18 19:35 BST (UK) »
Could well be that mistakes were made on William's death reg by the informant. Who reported his death?

What occupation was given for his father on the death cert? Likely fisherman which won't help differentiate very much in that part of the country!

From William and Margaret's children's baptisms, were there any familiar names as sponsors?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk