Author Topic: *** New RootsChatterBox Opened! ***  (Read 11328 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
*** New RootsChatterBox Opened! ***
« on: Thursday 29 July 04 14:43 BST (UK) »
Hello fellow RootsChatters,

Just to let you know that the new RootsChatterBox is up and running.

Once you have logged in to RootsChat, just click on the "chat" button on the menu.

We've created a few "Rooms" in there to start us off - including one for "Instant Lookups".

How we use the new RootsChatterBox is up to you.
You may find it better if we decide to log into it "on the hour", that way you are more likely to bump into another fellow RootsChatter.

For the "Instant Lookup" room, it may be a good idea to have some kind of timetable or announcement as to what day or time the lookups are going to be done for particular resouces - so keep an eye on the Calendar for "RootsChatterBox Lookup Events". :) :)

Hope you like it.  ;)

Trystan
RootsChat Admin
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: *** New RootsChatterBox Opened! ***
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 July 04 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I've just had a look in it's great.  Very simple to use though even for slow typers like me!

Jump in, have fun the water's erm green...

Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 July 04 01:52 BST (UK) »
Being a fan of smilies,  I am in seventh heaven in there.  ;D ;D

Very smart and quite green.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 July 04 02:10 BST (UK) »
Oh! Kewl!

Shame i got there too late.....i get carried away with a graphics programme and lose track of time!

will look in tomorrow.....who's putting the kettle on?  lol
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 July 04 09:20 BST (UK) »
There was half a dozen of us on it last night in the "Common Room" part of the RootsChatterBox - it was great !!
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 30 July 04 10:17 BST (UK) »
I thought i'd just pop in to see if anyone was about and got booted out.  It said i was already in there...i reentered my password and got booted out again.

any ideas   lol
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 30 July 04 10:22 BST (UK) »
Fitty,

When you enter the RootsChatterBox, leave by using the "back" button. If you forget to do it, then just leave it a whole minute, then it will be ok again.

Trystan

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 July 04 10:23 BST (UK) »
Rainbow and Grandad James are in there right at teh moment. :)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 30 July 04 10:37 BST (UK) »
I'll try again at 11am

I got back in and got booted out again.   I might log off and log back in here and see if that helps.

Kewl chat programme tho' 

Fitty - well impressed :)