Author Topic: Wilsons of Perth.  (Read 3406 times)

Offline jeastead

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wilsons of Perth.
« on: Wednesday 17 August 05 01:12 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on James Wilson who married Ann Couttes in 1821 in Perth. He had a gravestone erected in memory of his children which is in Greyfriars cemetery in Perth but the doesn't seem to be any record of where he and his wife are buried.
Jean Stead
Stead and Cryer - Rochdale. Lancashire.
Wilson, Maxwell, Johnston. Perth and Rutherglen.Scotland

Offline McCash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wilsons of Perth.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 August 05 07:12 BST (UK) »

Hello Jean:  Is it possible that Ann,s name was spelled different? There is a record for a James Wilson married to an Ann Coutts 21 January 1822,Perth,Perthshire, Scotland. They may have moved from Perth. My Ggrandmother is also buried in Perth but after 1912 her entire family,including her husband Charles Wilson,emmigrated to Canada. Regards: Margaret
Ogilvy,Moubray(Falkirk:Sterlingshire)  McCash,Ashton,Wilson,Ogilvie,Mowbray,Hutton,Campbell,Murray,Menzies,Rollison,Dunn,
Sunter, Johnman, Straten (Perthshire) / Burnett,Thompson,Forster,Davison, Nobes,Wilson(EngLand)

Offline jeastead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 August 05 07:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret and thanks for the message. I doubt that James would have moved away as his son and family are buried a
t Greyfriars cemetery, his grandson was born in Perth as was my father and myself. I had thought that it could be possible that he had moved away but doubt it very much.
As for his wife Ann Couttes - yes the name changes to Coutts during their lifetime but I still can't find anything except that we have the marriage certificate. It only shows Ann's parents names unfortunately.
Any other ideas would be appreciated
Regards
Jean
 ::)

Offline McCash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 August 05 08:51 BST (UK) »

Hi Jean: By chance does it give an address for Ann,s Parents?
 There seems to be a lot of Ann Coutts,s that were born in Aberdeen. Have you tried the web search site for LDS?

www.familysearch.org

I started with grandparents marriage certificate too from Perth and found GGGgrandparents in Falkirk,Stirlingshire. There,s always hope. As I,m searching the Wilson name also, I,ll keep an eye out for Your James.  Margaret
Ogilvy,Moubray(Falkirk:Sterlingshire)  McCash,Ashton,Wilson,Ogilvie,Mowbray,Hutton,Campbell,Murray,Menzies,Rollison,Dunn,
Sunter, Johnman, Straten (Perthshire) / Burnett,Thompson,Forster,Davison, Nobes,Wilson(EngLand)

Offline jeastead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 August 05 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret, I have looked for Ann Couttes in www.familysearch.com but havn't found anything as yet. On the marriage certificate it states that Anns father was a David Couttes and he was a vintner. The marriage was at the Middle Church in Perth.
Will have a look for her in Aberdeen as you suggest.
Thanks again.
Jean (Wilson) Stead