Author Topic: Anyone want any searches or photos done in Whitehaven  (Read 67084 times)

Offline caerfai

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone want any searches or photos done in Whitehaven
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday 16 April 13 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi. Thank you.
That is what I have done. The only certificate i can find is the marriage which i have ordered so i can find the mother and then the birth.
Thank you-will start a new post as suggested.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday 16 April 13 16:49 BST (UK) »
Good luck with your certificate ,I hope it opens a whole new generation for you,and helps you knock down your brick wall,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline caerfai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday 16 April 13 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Thank you for your good wishes. Yes we will see what the certificate brings and work from that.
This is a new tree for me as I have been working on my other for 15 years now so one gets to know the territory,so this is unfamilar at the moment but very interesting.I am geting to know all about Whitehaven and all the terrible pit disasters too.
Thank you once again.

Offline Bexstar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Sunday 13 August 17 06:06 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I am trying to do some research on the Pattinson family from Whitehaven.  I have information that takes me back to 1801 John Pattinson who married Mary Lowthian.  Are you able to find any information prior to this time?  John and Mary went on to have children named John 1835-1903, Mary 1831, Elizabeth 1837 and Wilson 1841 - 1967.  Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Rebecca

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Sunday 13 August 17 08:58 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Rebecca. I'm not sure if you are aware, but this thread was started and lookup offer made in 2005.

If you have a specific query, you might be better to start a new thread. Good luck. :)