Author Topic: Bartholomew Doyle's descendants  (Read 6111 times)

Offline dhowse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Bartholomew Doyle's descendants
« on: Wednesday 24 August 05 07:18 BST (UK) »
Are there any descendants still in Ireland or elsewhere in the world of Bartholomew Doyle and Bridget Nugent.
children
James b. 19 Jul 1765 convict sent to Australia
Anthony b. 26 Mar 1767
Mary b. 13 Nov 1770
Andrew b. 29 Nov 1774 convict sent to Australia
John B. 7 Jul 1777
Bridget b. 29 Jun 1778 immigrated to Australia

relatives left in Dublin include
"Emma Doyle of Ballsbridge in the City of Dublin"
"Christopher Doyle of Ballsbridge .. father of Emma Doyle"

Offline cherylanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bartholomew Doyle's descendants
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 October 05 12:42 BST (UK) »
I am an Australian decendant of Bartholomew Doyle's son Andrew, who arrived on board the Rolla with his wife, Sophia Isabella Norris, in 1803.  Andrew was my 5x grandfather, he had a lot of children, many of their decendants still live around the Hawkesbury area in Sydney,
regards
Cheryl

Offline dhowse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 October 05 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheryl
Have you read 'The Hawkesbury Doyles' , a very interesting book on the family?
Which of Andrew's children are you descended from? My husband is a descendant of Louisa who married John Ker McDougall.
Debbie

Offline cherylanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 October 05 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie,
Yes, I have read "the Hawkesbury Doyles".  I am a descendant of Andrews daughter Emma Maria who married John Smith in 1819 at Windsor NSW. The Doyles didn't do too badly for convicts. I don't live to far from Dargle where they settled, and had actually stayed there (at the waterski park) before I knew that I was related to the original owners. I wish they had kept it in the family!
Cheryl

Offline goobies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 January 07 06:15 GMT (UK) »
is this the doyle family that latter married into the cottee family
ryan,cottee,turvey,ferguson,beetson,barker governor,yeomans,Cassidy,cawdell,smith fom Goolma mudgee Cudgegong Nyngan giralambone walgett moama nanima nsw cummeragunja Victoria,qld and new zealand .
woolley flood nsw uk.
mcdevitt nsw. slattery nsw.
bradshaw green Hawkesbury Coonabarabran burra bee dee,east indies
barker,wood,staley Derbyshire boag,patullio,donn duan uk,
ohara  Ireland Hawkesbury.
wales smith Tasmania,redfern botany nsw

Offline dhowse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 January 07 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Not sure about the Cottee family but it is the Doyle family descended from Andrew Doyle and James Doyle convicts 1803 Rolla.

Offline goobies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 January 07 22:34 GMT (UK) »
john bart doyle ended up in bourke nsw he married elizabeth cottee his father was john bartholomew doyle
ryan,cottee,turvey,ferguson,beetson,barker governor,yeomans,Cassidy,cawdell,smith fom Goolma mudgee Cudgegong Nyngan giralambone walgett moama nanima nsw cummeragunja Victoria,qld and new zealand .
woolley flood nsw uk.
mcdevitt nsw. slattery nsw.
bradshaw green Hawkesbury Coonabarabran burra bee dee,east indies
barker,wood,staley Derbyshire boag,patullio,donn duan uk,
ohara  Ireland Hawkesbury.
wales smith Tasmania,redfern botany nsw

Offline JennyMatts

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 February 18 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am a descendant of Andrew Doyle. My family live in NSW. My family went down the
Andrew & Sophia - Cyrus & Francis - Andrew & Catherine - James & Rebekah - Robert Bruce & Joan (my father was named after him) James & Tasmene - and then my dad. My father was very close to Alec Doyle, his great uncle, who was a Rear Admiral (you can google him)  and his children still live near Scone I think.

I think we have a copy of the letter convicting James and Andrew to Australia and a letter professing their innocence. We found his grave out near windsor and one of Andrew Doyle's paintings is in the National gallery I think....

Thanks,
Jenny

Offline AndrewTDoyle

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 17 March 19 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
 I am Andrew Thomas Doyle, descendant of Andrew Doyle & Sophia Isabella Norris and follow the Cyrus Matthew Doyle & Frances Bigger - Andrew Doyle (Cyrus' 1st son) & Catherine Broughton Howe - James Henry Doyle & Rebekah McDonald - Alex Broughton Doyle (who is mentioned in this chat) & Charlotte Madge Lillies - Richard James Broughton Doyle & Mabel Killen (my parents).
The family home "Invermien" (Scone NSW) was held by the family for over 100 years, but when my Grandfather (Alec Broughton) retired, the property was sold and he moved to live with his son Richard JB Doyle at "Malgarai" Boggabilla, on the NSW/QLD border
Grandfather tried his hand at recording some of the family history in the 60's and wrote "Interim Notes on Andrew Doyle of Ulitedinburra Lodge, Lower Portland and his descendants" and a second, more personal record of our immediate family branch - James Henry Doyle's lineage of "Invermien"
Regards,
Andrew