Author Topic: Trying to post images  (Read 2188 times)

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
Trying to post images
« on: Friday 06 August 04 16:10 BST (UK) »
Why is it when I have done a look up for someone and posted the message and then try to add a second message with some more information does it always tell me the filename is already used and to choose another. I have tried recopying the image and naming it something completely different in case it is confusing to have 2 images with similar names but that won't work either. If I then remove the image and just try to post the text it tells me I have already posted this message even when I clearly haven't.

It is so frustrating that quite often I have given up trying and end up deleting the info I am trying to post  :'(

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to post images
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 August 04 21:55 BST (UK) »
Donna,

Thank you so much for letting us know about the problem, I had no idea!

There is a totally different way that we can handle attached files, and it would also mean that you could attach the same filename every time if you wanted to. That might be good. The only trouble is that to switch over to the new system it would mean losing all the attachments that have already been posted...

Anyhow, thanks again for bringing it to my attention, I will see if there is anything we can do to help things!

Trystan
RootsChat Admin

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.