Author Topic: Niblock/Hughes Liverpool  (Read 5421 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Niblock/Hughes Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 March 11 13:35 GMT (UK) »
One query...
Isaiah Niblock was born 15th October 1874
Isaiah Niblock married 25th April 1917...........he would be almost 43 ....do you think he may have married before ?...even abroad ? ....allan ???
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline trishab

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Allen Martin- Bosham,Sussex to Adelaide,Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 March 11 13:45 GMT (UK) »
I have found a comment that has been made elsewhere suggesting that on his marriage certificate to Annie it states he was a widow??

I am unable to prove this theory at this time.

I also noted that he was 50 years old when Isaiah was born and I also beleive he was approx. 12 years older than Annie.

Trisha B
Martin/Bird/Niblock

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 March 11 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again....

This is just a quickie, my husband is waiting for me !

Isaiah, and his family, emigrated to Canada, between 1881 and 1890, On The 1891 census , the family are living in Montreal. He was a mariner, but always stated he was single, until he married Annie.......

Allan

My hubbie's family were Photographer in Garston, in the early 1900's Morris Richards, and Cheetham Richards...

Be back soon

JeannieR

PS Auntie Annie was born in 1886
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 March 11 15:12 GMT (UK) »
 Richards Cycles in St Marys Road...??...I remember that shop...closed about 1964...may have been descendants of theirs.....allan :)
ADDED...Isaiah Niblock obviously came back to live in Liverpool as he married Annie Hughes in 1917 and their son Leonard was born in June qtr 1918 Liverpool 8b 139
....so he lived here again for at least a year.....allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Gerry Niblock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 March 16 04:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeannie, Allan Niblock was my father,  he had four (4) children Dianne, me, Gerald, Shirely and Jayne.  Dianne, myself and Shirley all live in Adelaide South Australia, whilst Jayne currently lives in Tasmania [Aust].  Dad died a number of years ago now and mum [Sheila Winifred Nee Gorst] died three years ago here in Adelaide on the 6th of January, I took her ashes back to Liverpool two years ago.  I have been trying to find out what happened to dad's father,  my grandfather, who did indeed disappear from Montreal leaving Annie, my grandmother with all four children. She was given passage back to England by the White Star line and all four children were put into the Seaman's Orphanage in Liverpool where they remained for a number of years whilst she worked off the cost of the passage home.  I have recently contacted the Canadian Government trying to find what happened to Isaiah, my grandfather but they are unable to help. I'll try and attached the email...wish me luck?  Annie, whilst working her passage then met another man called Marcus Kinkaid who was from Jamaica, the Kinkaid's are well known there in Kingston. I have not been able to locate any marriage certificate for them?   My great-grandfather was William Niblock who came from Ireland and it appears he emigrated to Canada around 1900, which would have been about the time of the potato famine, he is buried in the Mont Royal Cemetery.  I will be travelling there August this year and hope to look up his grave.  It appears our Isaiah also might have used the spelling Isaac and Ike, and maybe Neblock. There is a listing for him as being in Gaol in England atone time...no other details.  He may have had another wife and children in Canada as he was indeed listed as a 'widower' when he married Annie in Liverpool, but I have not been able to locate any information in that regard and he may well have just taken off and gone back to his old job as a 'capstan man' and I suspect he and Annie met whilst they were both working for the shipping line, possibly White Star?  I would Love to find out what happened to him so if you can help please do. 
Cheers
Gerry Niblock.

PS.  The Niblock line carries on, I had four children, Kellyann, Brad, Allan and Warren and there is now six grandchildren, all boys ranging from 17 down to 14 months.

PPS attachment didn't work. If you are on email let me know and I'll forward it.

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 March 16 11:56 GMT (UK) »
hi cousin Gerry.

I am the grand daughter of your grandma's elder sister,Sarah,and I have done extensive research into the Hughes family, and have lots of information on the 12 children of William Richard Hughes and Isabella Dagwell, our great grandparents.

I am afraid I cannot help with the demise of Isaiah Niblock though, And I have tried for years to find him. I do however have a photograph of him with Annie,Leonard and Annabelle,Taken in Montreal,and also one of your dad as a young boy, should you want them. I also have the marriage certificates of Annie and Ike and Annie and Marcus, should you want copies.

You and your sisters, all appear on my family tree, as do Leonard and Ivy's children. When you have "posted" twice more,I will able to send you a private message,with my email address and we can exchange more info, and I would love to receive any info/photos from you.I wouldbe happy to send you PDF of the Hughes family descendents.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jean
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Gerry Niblock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 14 March 16 00:45 GMT (UK) »
G'day Jean,  How great to hear from you.  I would love to have anything you have?  Isaiah is a real quandary and appears to have just disappeared into the never, never?  Indeed he was listed as a widower when he married Annie Hughes but I have been unable to locate any other marriage listed for him,  however he was a seaman and I suspect travelled extensively around the world, so it could have been  literally anywhere?  There is no listing for him having left Canada but they informed me that there was no records of such kept and I suspect he may have jumped back on a ship and abandoned Annie with the kids and she was forced to transport them back to England the only way she could.  Thank you for getting back to me.  I will continue to try and trace him but he may have gone anywhere in the world after walking onto a ship in Canada somewhere,  or he may have crossed into the USA?  There is an Isaiah Niblock listed as having founded a church in Barker, which is in the USA but the date of birth for this person do not quite match our Isaiah?  We also have a cousin living in the USA, Barbara Blundell but not sure if she is still alive as have not heard from her in a number of years?

Gerry

Offline Gerry Niblock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 02:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeannie,  Have not heard anything since my last post,  have had an answer back from Mount Royal Cemetery and William Niblock is buried in [William Niblock is buried in section G 827-L,M.]  Hope all is okay and to hear from you shortly.  cousin Gerry

Offline Chelti

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 August 18 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm doing research into the Bertram branch of the family.

William and Janet Kirkpatrick had 6 children: Johanna (married a Bertram and moved to Chicago), Isabella  and Samuel (who both lived with their father in Montreal and never married), Ike (the runaway), and Sarah and William (who both died before 1921).

Any idea of whether Johanna Niblock Bertram and her husband ever had children? Or whether Sarah or William ever married and had kids, even tho they died early?

Thanks for any help!