Author Topic: Irish 1911 census please - BOYLE  (Read 7147 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Irish 1911 census please - BOYLE
« on: Sunday 04 September 05 13:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Chatters!

My Irish research is in the genealogical equivalent of minus numbers, but undeterred, here I am with another hopeless case...  ;D

Please could sks have a look in the 1911 census for Joseph BOYLE?  He was a clerk and should be in Dundalk, Co Louth according to his granddaughter.

He may be newly married - believe his first child Francis Gerald was born c. 1914.  If so, his wife may be called Marion.

I can only find one possible birth on the IGI - to Thomas BOYLE and Ellen Boyle Nash - no idea whether this is the right one!

many thanks,

Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Irish 1911 census please - BOYLE
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 September 09 14:01 BST (UK) »
Looks like this might be your Joseph Boyle and future wife Marion-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003939168/
Joseph Boyle, clerk, boarder in household of Mary Lawlor- her daughter Marion also there!
However, I can't see a marriage for Marion Lawlor in civil registrations index.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 September 09 14:15 BST (UK) »
Oh thanks Aghadowey - I'd forgotten I had posted this many moons ago!

I found the 1911 when it cam online but it's good to know you agree with me!  Also that you, like me, are baffled by the lack of a marriage.  I guess they did the deed at some point but their first child was born in London to the best of my knowledge, so I will look again there for the marriage.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Edit: am losing the plot here, due to chasing other family in London at the same time!  Sorry.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 September 09 14:39 BST (UK) »
I found a possible cross match for the marriage - with Marion listed as Mary..

Record type: Marriage

Name: Joseph Boyle
  Registration district: Dundalk
  quarter and year: Apr - Jun 1913
  volume: 2 / page: 748

Name: Mary Lawler
  [same index details]

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 September 09 14:43 BST (UK) »
Ah now that sounds promising, doesn't it Shane?

I have Scots Mary/ Marion/ Marianne/ Maryann variations, so am not perturbed by the slight change.

Well done - I like it!

And thank you

:D

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 September 09 14:49 BST (UK) »
one more for you ... a good potential match for the birth of Francis, close to 1914 as you suspected :

Name: Francis Gerard Boyle
 Registration district: Dundalk
 quarter and year: Oct - Dec 1913
 volume: 2 / Page: 683

index details from the familysearch Irish Civil Index

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 September 09 14:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you Shane!

I'm seeing sister in law today - she'll be tickled pink with your discoveries!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)