Author Topic: Edward EDWARDS  (Read 2037 times)

Offline rarebit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edward EDWARDS
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 September 05 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi darcy      How do you find them so quick,it would take me forever,I'm ever so grateful  :) it does sound promising though ,I've been trying to place Sarah in the same area but no luck as yet ,with the youngest child being born in Monmouth ,and James marrying there you never know ,he travelled around a bit did'nt he! James ended up in south Wales! do you know if there's any way I can verify if it's the right one ? it would be nice to think that I've found him ,thank you very much ,your a gem          Marion
Devonald Maddock Thomas Edwards Barwick Groom Keene                                                                            Pembrokeshire Maesteg Bridgend Caernarvon Somerset Norfolk Wiltshire

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 03:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Marion,

you need a birth certificate for James to find the names of his parents. I'm assuming that you don't have it. I think this is James -

Births June 1845   Melksham

James Keene

Volume : 8
Page: 373

Melksham is just 2 miles from Broughton Gifford, in Wiltshire. On the 1861 census Samuel Keen gives his birth place as Melksham Wilts.

I get the feeling that we have the correct family here. The pieces fit...

If I'm wrong you can always send me a bill for the certificate. ;D

Regards
Darcy

Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 03:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again Marion,

do you have the marriage certificate for James & Sarah? The certificate will give her father's name and occupation and help us to locate the family on the census.

Regards
Darcy
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 03:54 BST (UK) »

Marion,

On the 1881 census Sarah gives her birthplace as St David's Pembrokeshire 1849.

This could well be her but you need her marriage certificate to prove it.

1861 Census

St David's  Pembrokeshire

William Phillips, head, mar, 45, Ag Lab, Brawdy Pembrokeshire
Phoebe, wife, 48, Brawdy Pembrokeshire
Sarah, dau, 12, St David's Pembrokeshire
Henry, son, 9, St David's Pembrokeshire

RD9/4168
Folio: 65
Page: 2

Regards
Darcy
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland

Offline rarebit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 19:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Darcy     I'm sure your right about Sarah 'her mums name was Pheobe and so was mine  named Pheobe 'and my nan's name was Sarah ,and Sarah Phillips was my nan's nan ,so it's fallen into place nicely ,thank you very much ,if I get stuck again i'll get in touch [I probably will!]                   Marion
Devonald Maddock Thomas Edwards Barwick Groom Keene                                                                            Pembrokeshire Maesteg Bridgend Caernarvon Somerset Norfolk Wiltshire

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 22:17 BST (UK) »

That's great to hear Marion. I just had a feeling that it was right. ;D I'm happy to help you anytime.

Regards
Darcy
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland