Author Topic: *** USE OF THIS BOARD ***  (Read 8562 times)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
*** USE OF THIS BOARD ***
« on: Monday 09 August 04 19:30 BST (UK) »
HOW TO REQUEST A LOOKUP

To get the best possible result from our lookup volunteers,  please take a moment to read these instructions.  There are many new requests each day and posting a clear outline of your requirements will make it easier for them to help you.

If you could each please start a "New Topic" with subject line very clearly stating the RESOURCE  and the SURNAME of the person(s) you are seeking as follows:

St Mary’s Parish Registers - PARR

Then in the body of the message enter the details of your request. A person willing to carry out a lookup for you will then simply reply to your message.

RootsChat does not tolerate breaches of copyright. Please do not request any lookups from specific commercial sources and other sources where fulfilling the request would require such a breach.

Very important bit !

We have some excellent RootsChat members with some very special talents who try there best to help everyone who posts a message on the site. I know of quite a few (you know who you are) who have gone out of their way and spent there own “brass” (money) in some cases just to bring a smile to RootsChatters face here and there.

A few of us who reply are often left thinking what happened next, did I help ???

Please let us know !

Regardless of whether or not the information helped, a "Thank You for your time and efforts" always goes down well  :) :)

... and the 'Thank you' also helps to let us know if the request is completed   ;)

N.B. a "Thank you" sent in a PM is also nice, but it is a "Personal Message", i.e nobody else knows that you have said "Thank you", so please, do reply on the topic.  (But you can still send a PM as well, if you wish; I'm sure it will be appreciated.)

COMPLETED REQUESTS

If your topic has been completed, or is no longer relevant for any reason, it is helpful to let us know, so it can be moved to the Completed Requests board. - this makes the unanswered and ongoing requests/discussions easier to find. 

If the topic is completed within 24 hours of the initial post, please use the "Modify" button to add the word *COMPLETED* to the titles of your first and last posts on the topic.

Otherwise, please use the "Report to Moderator" button on the topic and send a message stating "Oxfordshire Board - Completed".

Thanks!   ;)

Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.