Author Topic: monumental inscriptions for m(a)clennans, st.clements, avoch, suddie and alness.  (Read 3439 times)

Offline maclennan25

• RootsChat Senior
  • ancestors always seem to be just out of reach.....
    • View Profile
while searching for monumental inscriptions in these cemetries, i have taken photos of all maclennan/mclennan stones i could find.

i have listed below the names on the different stones i have photos of.

ST.CLEMENTS, DINGWALL
--------------------------------------------

1. JOHN MACLENNAN, MARYBURGH.
2. KENNETH MCLENNAN, POSTMASTER, MARYBURGH. HIS WIFE MARION MACKINTOSH, ALSO JOHN, ROBERT (DIED IN CALCUTTA), AND KENNETH ALEXANDER.
3. CAPTAIN DONALD MACLENNAN. DINGWALL.
4. DONALD MCLENNAN. ISABELLA KEMP.
5. GEORGE MACLENNAN, FARMER AT GARVE. HIS WIFE MARY MACLENNAN, CHILDREN HELEN, MARY, JOHN AND DONALD AND MARGARET.
6. HUGH MACLENNAN, HIS DAUGHTER MARY. ALSO HIS WIFE MARY TUACH.
7. JOHN MACLENNAN, CARTWRIGHT, MARYBURGH, MARY MUNRO HIS WIFE, AND THEIR DAUGHTER MARGARET.
8. KENNETH MCLENNAN AND JANET MCKENZIE, ALSO THEIR SON JOHN MCLENNAN.
9. ERECTED BY ALEXANDER MCLENNAN, HIS FATHER WILLIAM MCLENNAN, INVERGORDON, HIS MOTHER EUPHEMIA TOLMIE, INVERGORDON.
10. KENNETH MCLENNAN, JANE MCLENNAN, KENNETH MCLENNAN, JESSIE MCLENNAN.

SUDDIE
------------

1. ERECTED BY JOHN MCLENNAN FOR HIS COUSIN JOHN MATHESON.
2. CHRISTINA MCLENNAN, WIFE OF WILLIAM FORBES. AND THEIR SON MURDO.

AVOCH
-------------

1. ALEXANDER MACLENNAN, HIS WIFE CATHERINE ROSS. THEIR SONS DONALD AND PTE. WILLIAM, THEIR DAUGHTERS, MARY ANN AND HARRIE.
2. MARGARET MACLENNAN, WIFE OF WILLIAM CHRISTIE. ALSO MENTIONED JOHN CHRISTIE, JOINER AT AVOCH. ERECTED BY JOHN'S DAUGHTER ELIZA.

ALNESS
--------------

1. RODERICK MACLENNAN, ALNESS, HIS WIFE MARGARET KENNEDY. THEIR SON LANCE CORPORAL RODERICK MACLENNAN KILLED IN ACTION IN FRANCE. THEIR DAUGHTER CATHERINE FLORA DIED FORRES. ALSO FLORA MANSON DIED IN EDINBURGH.
1a. (SAME PLOT, SMALLER STONE IN FRONT OF LARGE ONE) IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY PARENTS, JESSIE MOIR AND DONALD MANSON.

if anyone would like any more info on the people listed, let me know and i can email you the exact transciption or a particular photo if requested. (but these may take some time to download).

regards,

Lorna Maclennan.

Offline nettles123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: monumental inscriptions for m(a)clennans, st.clements, avoch, suddie and alness.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 October 16 11:20 BST (UK) »
Hi

I would love the photo and any information on
 KENNETH MCLENNAN AND JANET MCKENZIE, ALSO THEIR SON JOHN MCLENNAN. tombstone from ST CLements, Dingwall as Kenneth and Janet were my forbears

Thanks

Offline maclennan25

• RootsChat Senior
  • ancestors always seem to be just out of reach.....
    • View Profile
Re: monumental inscriptions for m(a)clennans, st.clements, avoch, suddie and alness.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 13:15 BST (UK) »
Here it is :)