Author Topic: Cullinan (e) Sisters  (Read 10987 times)

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Cullinan (e) Sisters
« on: Monday 12 September 05 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
   Can someone please help me with anything on the parents and or brothers/sisters to the following;
Mary Cullinan (e) (b) 1830 County Clare
Anne Cullinan (e)  (b) 1833 County Clare
It seems they were transported to Van Dieman's Land when they were left orphans, they came down on the convict boat "Calcutta" as free settlers and it  left from Plymouth in 1851, any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Kind regards
Shari

Offline henrietta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cullinan (e) Sisters
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 September 05 01:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Shari,

I have some information on the sisters Ann and Mary Cullinan who travelled from Ireland to Tasmania on the "Calcutta". Ann was my G.G.Grandmother and I have been lucky enough to stumble on some interesting facts. Would you like me to email what I have found as it might be a bit lengthy to include here. Please let me know and I will be happy to share any information I have with you.

Cheers, Henrietta.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 September 05 07:25 BST (UK) »
Hei Shari,
Griffith's Valuation of Ireland shows several  families by the surname of Cullinan living in Co. Clare during the period 1848 - 1864. I realise this was after the orphaned Anne and Mary left Ireland. There may have been relatives who were unable take the girls in as members of their own family as was the custom in those days when children were orphaned. So the Valuations may assist you in establishing the townland where the family lived.

Good Luck (Nor. Lykke Til), Christopher

http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 September 05 08:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my query, I will look into what you have sent me and I may find something I have been looking for, I have been searching for a long time on the Cullinan siisters and almost gave up.
Thanks again
Shari

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 September 05 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hei Shari,
Here we go again.
This site has several Cullinans on it. It mentions a Cullinan in Ennis www.webace.com.au/~tblack/greene.htm I will have another look and see what more I can find for you. I hope this is all new information for you and I am not posting sites you have seen before.
Good Luck, Lykke Til
Yours in genealogy,
Christopher

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 September 05 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,
   Thank you once again for your help I am very grateful to you, this is actually all new you are sending as I have not had much luck with the Cullinan family, anything you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Shari.

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 September 05 10:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,
   Thank you once again for your help I am very grateful to you, this is actually all new you are sending as I have not had much luck with the Cullinan family, anything you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Shari.

Hei Shari,

Yet another two sites. This first one is a good one. It is about the Cullinans of Co. Clare. The second site mentions a couple of Cullinans in the Kilmayley Parish Baptism Records. I did not look at the rest of the items on the site so if you look you may find more info there.

www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/5946/mss-jwc3.htm Broken Link
www.rootsweb.com/~irlcla/Surname.html
www.connorsgenealogy.com/cullinan/births.htm

Let me know if you find any more Cullinans on that ssecond site Shari. I would be interested. I have just spotted this one so will add it on here rather than post again .

Lykke Til, Christopher

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 September 05 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,
             How helpful you are, thank you so much, I will go through all you have sent to me and I will let you know if I come up with anything helpful that I may be able to use for my family tree data.
Best Wishes
Shari

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 September 05 10:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,
How helpful you are, thank you so much, I will go through all you have sent to me and I will let you know if I come up with anything helpful that I may be able to use for my family tree data.
Best Wishes
Shari