Author Topic: The NURSE families from Weybourne & North Norfolk.  (Read 6845 times)

Offline shannock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Those who seek shall find (only sometimes)
    • View Profile
The NURSE families from Weybourne & North Norfolk.
« on: Saturday 17 September 05 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hi.

I am new to rootschat and desperately seeking information for the NURSE families of Weybourne & Kelling in Norfolk, especially before 1800.
Connections to these families have been traced to the villages & towns of Trimingham, Alby with Thwaite, Holt, Cley - next - Sea and others in North Norfolk.
One NURSE family moved from Weybourne to Northumberland in the mid 1800's and another NURSE family from Kelling emigrated to Austarlia.

Any information will be a great help.

Thank you in advance.

shannock
Researching<br />NURSE and all associated names - Weybourne & Kelling - Norfolk.<br />STARLING and all associated names - West Beckham & Weyborne - Norfolk.<br />NURSE is registered with GOONS as a one - name - study

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: The NURSE families from Weybourne & North Norfolk.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 08:47 BST (UK) »
HI Shannock

I have just started on my sister in laws's Nurses's from Weybourne.

Her paternal grandma was Alice Maud Nurse b 12 July 1888- she married William Armitage in 1911.

I have just contacted a couple of people on GR- sorry if one of them was you  ;D and this is all old news to you.

All the best

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shannock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Those who seek shall find (only sometimes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol.

Thanks for your message. We are already in contact via email.

Regards
ken.
Researching<br />NURSE and all associated names - Weybourne & Kelling - Norfolk.<br />STARLING and all associated names - West Beckham & Weyborne - Norfolk.<br />NURSE is registered with GOONS as a one - name - study

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 09:47 BST (UK) »
hi shannock

haye you checked out this site
http://www.doun.org/transcriptions/surnames.php?surname=NURSE

regards
yokel

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 09:55 BST (UK) »
Crikey what a lot of info .

Thanks Yokel-that'll keep us busy for a while!!!

Ken,

Oh well I'll stick with emailing you then  ;D
Was on the phone to said sister inlaw when this message came through.
She hadn't realised her cousin Carole(Essex) was doing the family tree.

Regards

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mancmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 June 16 11:25 BST (UK) »
I presume you have this already.  Transcript I did of the will of Joanna Nurse.  Its interesting especially the added codicil.

The last will and testament of Joanna Nurse of Wabourne in the county of Norfolk widow made this thirtieth day of January one thousand Seven Hundred and thirty eight.  First I desire my body to be decently buried in Wabourne Churchyard. 
Item.  I give to my Son James Nurse forty pounds to be paid within twelve calender months next after my demise. 
Item. I give to my son John Nurse thirty pounds to be paid within twelve calendar months next after my demise.
Item I give to my son Thomas Nurse thirtypounds to be paid within twelve calendar months next after my decease
Item I give to my Son Robert Nurse ten pounds to be paid within twelve calendar months next after my demise.
Item I give to my Daughter Rose Otty Forty pounds to be paid within twelve calendar months next after my demise.
 Item I give to my Son James Nurse the household goods hereafter named.  Three of my worst kittels the bed in the chamber with the appurtenances the great Table and the Table in the Dayry the two best pottage potts and also the one half of my pewter the Chest of Drawers the best brewing vessel the three chairs and one iron droppin pan.
Item all the rest of my household goods I give to my daughter Rose Otty, excepting one the Table which I give to my Son John Nurse and all the rest of my personal Estate I give to my Sons John Nurse and Thomas Nurse, they paying all my Debts and legacys and I make the said John and Thomas Executurs of this my last will and testament .  In witness   whereof I have set my hand and Seal the Day and year above written
Johanna Nurse her mark.
Signed Sealed published and declared by the said Joanna Nurse to be her Last will and Testament in the presence of us Thomas Youngs his mark William Sly Mary Lynn her mark.
A codicil to my Will whereas I have given to my Daughter Rose Otty by my Will forty pounds I now hereby make void the same legacy of forty pounds and I give and bequeath to my executors the sum of forty pounds upon trust that they put this sum onto interest and at the end of twelve months after my demise and pay to my said Daughter Rose interest thereof yearly  as they shall make the same during her  present couveture and in the case of her surviving her present husband then that they pay to her the sum of Forty Pounds.  But in the case of her Death during the said couverture  that then they my said executors pay such forty pounds to and amongst her Children Then living equally alike and my will and mind  is that the interest before directed to be paid be paid to my said daughter Rose herself without any claime  controwl or intermeddling of her husband and that in case of any loss of the forty pounds  or any part thereof  by putting the same out at intereste that then my executors shall not be answerable for such  loss except it be through their wilfull art or default and my will and mind also is that one executor shall not be answerable for the art or default of the other Executor.. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this second day of February 1738
Joanna Nurse her mark
Signed Sealed and declared by Johanna Nurse to be a codicil to her last will and Testament in the presence of William Sly, Thomas Riches  1739 April 17.
The within written John Nurse one of the within mentioned executors was sworn to the trust of this will and the codicil to the same annexe and  faithfully to   adster (administer)   Goods  before Revd John Fox Clark Master of Arts Surrogate present John Marker  …(illegible)  17th June 1739
The other Executor was then sworn in due form office faithfully to   administer these goods before the Revd Mc(hael?)
Peirce Doore Surrogate
Examined by  illegible.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~fordingtondorset/Files/Glossary.html

Offline francesjean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hi.

I am new to rootschat and desperately seeking information for the NURSE families of Weybourne & Kelling in Norfolk, especially before 1800.
Connections to these families have been traced to the villages & towns of Trimingham, Alby with Thwaite, Holt, Cley - next - Sea and others in North Norfolk.
One NURSE family moved from Weybourne to Northumberland in the mid 1800's and another NURSE family from Kelling emigrated to Austarlia.

Any information will be a great help.

Thank you in advance.

shannock

Offline francesjean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 19:15 BST (UK) »
I have just read your message.  I am related to the Nurse family from Weybourne.  I am part of the Northumberland part of the family. ;D

Offline francesjean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 07 May 17 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am a descendant of the nurse family who moved to Northumberland in the 1860s.  My gg grandparents are George Nurse and Mary Otty. My great grandparents were Frances Nurse (one of george & Mary's) children and James Beavis.  The Beavis's are also from Norfolk.

If you google www.donaldfamily.co.uk you will find quite a lot about the families.

Frances